GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Well here's a new one!

Go down 
+17
sidrat
LBC Tenni
Steak
keenerkeen07
waterbottle
wardentm
Converted Duc
Street
NorthernProducer
mark111
Lenz9753
Blue
Daves-i-Know
Ralf z
beetle
Pete Roper
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Well here's a new one! Empty
PostSubject: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:55 pm

Stopped to fill up in Braidwood before heading back home and a bloke pulls in on a Ducati 'Scrambler'. As I walk out after paying he asks why I ride something 'So Slow'. Rolling Eyes

What bizarre parallel universe do these tools inhabit? And no, I didn't bother wiping my arse with his shitty hipstermobile. I have a clean licence for the first time in decades, I'm not going to risk that for a tool like him!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:08 pm

You should have asked him why he was riding a girl's bike.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:12 pm

What a wanker.
I've ridden with Pete.
Let's just say he ain't no slouch!
Hope he breaks down in bungendore and asks for the local bike mechanic Suspect
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:05 am

Nothing like a guy riding a bike that was basically 'lifted' from the GRiSO talking stupid smack.

What a fucktard.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:33 am

I think that was my mum. She's always out baiting people for races. Ever since she got rid of the Honda melody she thinks she is really something. Glad you ignored her.....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:36 am

Really what worries me is that the first interaction with someone, (Me.) was derogatory. I couldn't really give even the most microscopic of shits what the idiot thinks of me and my bike but I think it states volumes about how he sees the world.

Mad!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:45 am

I feel like riding around the Braidwood area looking for Ducati scramblers just to go really slow to annoy the shit out of a hipster.

Then cut his top knot off.
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:56 am

Methinks you may have avoided a clumsily-laid bait Young Peter. A silent but sincerely condescending look should have withered The Fool ah la Fred Gassit style.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:38 am

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:55 am

As I say to all of my Guzzi and other bike colleagues.

"GRiSO owners have nothing to prove"
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:01 am

You did the right thing, Pete. That hipster will display that attitude to somebody like my old Marine riding buddy (RIP) and find his head permanently stuffed up his A-hole. Now that is a tough lesson to learn in life... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:33 am

Fart, sneer, walk away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:23 am

Guys,

I lived and breathed Ducati for the last 30 years, I loved the raw grunt of the old Bevels, the smooth power of the early belt drives and the sheer exhilaration of the 4 valves. During those years I met many genuinely nice riders on Dukes. I travelled to Italy and poked about the factory,  in what was heaven on earth for me in Bologna.

Of late something had changed, I noted that the people that were riding the Dukes were beginning to look a lot like those weekend warriors on Harleys. Shiny red rockets were going no further than the local cafe, Every man and his dog was on a Duke and the factory had begun to produce models to feed the cravings of cashed up 'yuppies' who wanted to be on centre stage everywhere they went.

The behaviour of the tossa that Pete encountered was what I was seeing more frequently at weekend meetings I attended less and less. People I spoke to could tell me about the latest Ducati designer sun glasses and gloves, yet stared blankly at me when I spoke of Raymond Roche and early 4 valves. Mention Desmodromic heads and they would look at me like I was speaking another language.

It took a while to put my finger on it but lets call it for what it has become, soulless snobbery! My early days were spent riding with mates on our favourite brands all mixed in together, Laverdas, Bennellis, Nortons, Trumpys, BSA, Guzzis, Ducatis, Beemers and YamaKawasuondas. In fact it did not matter what you rode as long as you rode, we all got along and enjoyed playful ribbing over beers telling tall tales of the days rides. Our bikes were alive and had soul.

The bloke Pete met typifies current ignorant behaviour of our inner city consumer wankas! Unfortunately they spend money and Ducati is run by people that want to make lots of it. The current model line up is a blend of exquisite race rockets (too small for all bar a contortionist) too a a bevy of street bikes that for me are just plain ugly!

But and here is the big thing, if it wasn't for those consumer wankas I would never have discovered GRiSO, because it did not have a D on the side. Their elitist attitude led me to look for something else, something with that soul I was craving.

Today I ride a GRiSO, it is not the fastest thing out there but it can get me from point A to point Z, via every letter in between and leave me wanting to do it all again. Bloody hell I wanna go for a ride now but it is pissing down.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:27 am

Disclaimer*
Watching Bathurst and Moto gp on telly is thirsty work so I may have imbibed a couple of medicinal ales. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:31 am

Well put CD, you got way with words.
Thanks
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:13 am

wardentm wrote:
Well put CD, you got way with words.
Thanks
Caoi

Yep.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:09 am

Yes well put CD, you sometimes feel like urinating on a front wheel, but we are civilized ....... arn't we ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:45 am

No. I would have torn out his eyes and raped his skull.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:20 am

Now that CD has put it so eloquently, its a bloody good thing Guzzi are slow to catch onto the squids n hipsters. I've noticed that GRiSO's have a refinement to them that my old push rod 2V can never match. I'm partial to that old world feel n charm. Just hope Guzzi doesn't go too far and become poofy like Beemers.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:48 am

Plus 1 Converted Duc, i come from the same as you, these meatwhistlers that you run into like Pete did are far to common now a days..But i take comfort in the fact that they are just examples of spagnum that must somehow survive ..
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 am

beetle wrote:
You should have asked him why he was riding a girl's bike.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:45 pm

The Scrambler doesn't seem to be selling all that well here. I've seen very few on the road. I read an early review that predicted the Hipster kids here would shun it for not being "authentic". That seems to be very accurate. All the hipster kids here are on old Jap bikes. I have a friend who is making a fortune rebuilding the old Hondas and Yams for these kids. The biggest cunts around here seem to favor Sportsters and GSXRs. I've never found the Ducati guys here to be all that bad. Most of them are pretty serious and skilled riders, not the sort to care about retro styling. I guess moto culture varies considerably depending on the country or region.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:54 pm

A few years ago a glossy magazine had an article on the 10 most acquired/desired fashion items a men had/wanted. Along with the Rolex watch and Gucci man bag etc. I think No.8 was a Ducati.

Last edited by ghezzi on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Converted Duc wrote:
Today I ride a GRiSO, it is not the fastest thing out there but it can get me from point A to point Z, via every letter in between and leave me wanting to do it all again. Bloody hell I wanna go for a ride now...Very Happy

That's the essence of it right there, CD. We do like to go fast, but it ain't a race. It's about the feeling of pure joy at the end of the day and the anticipation of the next day's ride.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:26 pm

Douchebag without a brain! How much you wanna bet though that at some point some other prick said the same to him or similar. Laughing

Funny though, I get a lot of Ducati riders often taking a good look at the GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well here's a new one!   Well here's a new one! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Well here's a new one!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: