GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

How about this for an exhaust.

Go down 
+21
bjor
evansnows
Bulldog9
IamSpartacus
Grisonut
Osi
lcjohnny
MrButter
Gobovic
austin_22
Midlifecrisis
Charlie J
ronbo10
Steak
keenerkeen07
beetle
Pete Roper
Daves-i-Know
Street
KevinEmpire
Lemppari
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:08 pm

I don't think any paint will work on the header pipes I had them ceramic coated

Benefits of using HiPerCoat Extreme™

On-tracking testing has shown as much as a 35% reduction in under hood ambient temperature and more than 50% reduction in component skin temperature. HiPerCoat Extreme’s™ superior insulation qualities mean increased horsepower for your race or turbo-charged engine. HPC’s HiPerCoat Extreme™ helps to maintain exhaust gas temperatures, increasing flow velocity, aiding in cylinder scavenging and decreasing turbo spool-up time.

An additional benefit is the reduction of underhood temperatures, preventing damage to hoses, belts and wiring harnesses. Independent testing of a turbo charged Mazda engine has shown a 5% increase in horsepower when HiPerCoat Extreme™ was used on the exhaust manifold, turbo and downpipe.

4 Stroke Bike Headers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes I do have my speedo rev counter connected in the tail tidy. By the time I found it could be disconnected I'd already sorted it.

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:29 am

All that may be true for a car Manifold, with single-skin Pipes, but I don't see much advantage in doing it to the Double-Skinned Headers on our Engines?

Looks good though.

beetle and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:33 am

Yes you're right I just copied and pasted the blurb.

On my Cagiva Elefant which have an overheating issue with the rear cylinder I had the header pipes
coated with the performance coating that controls the heat transfer from the pipes.

The black coating on the GRiSO is not the performance coating but simply for the looks.
It was not expensive and I believe is one of the only coatings that will withstand the temperatures
of the headers, being ceramic is hard and robust. I did previously polish the stainless pipes but they
degraded straight away. Pete suggested titanium headers as a solution which would also work if you prefer that look.
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:45 pm

I'm guessing the Cagiva doesn't have Double-Skinned Headers?

I'd be interested to see just how hot the Outer Skin on the GRiSO (Stelvio, Norge, etc) Headers gets, I'd think it would be a great deal lower temp than on a Single-Skin design.
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:18 pm

The air scoop under the tank gives a clue as it being a problem.
The header runs behind the cylinder to the siamese exhaust. The specs of the coating indicate a major reduction of heat transfer regardles of single or double skin. The bike got very hot when I was riding through Paris during the morning rush hour, so I took what precautions I could to prevent it happening again but never got stuck in a similar situation to compare. I gave the Elefant to my son in Australia as I built her to do a lap of OZ but I got too old to tackle it, now it's up to him.

Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:10 pm

Not much space for a cooling flow of air there is there!
Probably marginal even in it's original home, in the early SS Ducatis.

Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:30 pm

I've got the AGO Hydroformed pipe on my GRiSO, but really want the Zard. Just can't justify the $$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about this for an exhaust.   How about this for an exhaust. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How about this for an exhaust.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3