GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I Let My Hair down

Go down 
+3
beetle
Ralf z
Oz1200Guzzi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Well, not exactly, I haven't got much...

I did a Uni exam this morning, came home, picked up the Sport, got it passed for rego and went for a blast, did 260km, got a wet arse, had fun, speedo stopped working at 81100 km but came good a few minutes later - maybe water in the sensor - now got a beer in hand and am cooking roast pork for dinner, with mashed potato (with parsnips and garlic), broccolini and whatever else I find.

A good day was had by me.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:17 pm

That's living...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:37 pm

better than dead Ralf
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:54 pm

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 am

funny thing is I put my original exhaust on for rego check - I need to give it a bit more stick to make it go, but go she does on the map...

Bit tame on the audio, so it will be relegated to the box come tomorrow
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:59 am

On'ya Tony
Sounds like ya got it all sussed, good luck to you
Take care
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
better than dead Ralf

A shitload better than dead !

In my experience the best way to completely break a "stress cycle" is to participate in an activity that absolutely demands full focus and concentration.

When Body forces Mind to direct ALL it's attention to the activity (or you go home in a bag) THEN you really DO lose touch with undesirable prior thoughts. The trick IS to stay alive during the "de-tox" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:38 am

hey Tony,
always good to go for a blast after exams, thats always my 'treat' for enduring the scrutiny...
got to hate the yearly rego dance, almost enough reason not to move to the Blue state Razz
so did you get the crackle n pop with the BeetleTech map and the stock can, or is that just me?
I'm re-re-mapping tomoz for a long test run on sunday.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 am

Pat, it's still there but muted. When mark was building this map he changed some things to my liking.
In order to get rid of the lameness as you decelerate, you can either add fuel, or totally cut it. I chose the latter as I like good engine braking, but it comeson (or off) suddenly. I like throttling off to get immediate assistance from the engine. You may be feeling something like that still makes it a bit snatchy round town. My map has no fuel above around 1200 rpm for throttle positions of 4.6 and 4.7

However, having said that, the stepper motor comes into play below 2600 revs. This causes the crackle you experience, in an effort to provide rideability and euro compliance. The other map has fuel added to stop this, way too much I would imagine.

I must build a stepper disabling circuit to take the stepper out of the equation after a few minutes ie warmup. It's not rocket science but I have been a tad busy of late, including getting our house ready to sell
Are you modifying your map?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Tony
Viola! Of course, my stepper became 'unnoticeable' after initial reflash...
Mmmm... Map fiddling is limited on a Mac... I'll have to get a window installed Mad
Somewhere hereabouts I have a micro switch grafted into the left hand lever clamp that allows the stepper
to be by-passed once temps are up. Maybe I should do an install...
Or not! I kinda like the staccato reporting!

Yes, its amazing how often life gets in the way of living!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Tony,
I bit the bullet today and put a hole in the Mactop, and now currently have the most stable Windows 7 in existence Laughing Laughing Laughing
Have put tunerpro in there as well, so now need to find half a day day to open the 2 maps, confer with the BeetleTech how to, and then create Frankenmap What a Face out of the mix....

have three three hour exams this week, so not soon...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Pat, progress was had at your end - gotta love that! Good luck in your exams, hope you ace them. Be interesting what you come up with in the Frankenmap...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:00 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:

......... speedo stopped working at 81100 km but came good a few minutes later......

It happened on my 1100 once...blank display. lol
When we stopped and restarted the bike, everything was back to normal. scratch
It was a dry day so I'll never know what happened except for the fact that it's fucking Italian! lol
My 09 got stuck at 4mph once and same thing...stop and restart and everything was dandy.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm

FrankenMap is in, and its alive its alive its alive bwahahahahahhhaaaaaa........What a Face Twisted Evil
well, she starts, but is cats and dogs here so no test runs just yet  Sad

Tony,
all good with the exams, and even managed to confuse The Examiner enough during my 3 hour face to face to be deemed 'competent'... the end of a long year at skool!
just one more to go...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Good stuff Pat. Hope the weather clears soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Let My Hair down Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Let My Hair down   I Let My Hair down Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I Let My Hair down
Page 1 of 1