GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The highs and lows of motorcycling

Go down 
+26
Lenz9753
Daves-i-Know
NorthernProducer
Brent S
Josh.C
Steak
Sullivj
Ralf z
pjm
LBC Tenni
bioman
Street
bahamazoo
wardentm
WAKEY
waterbottle
Oz1200Guzzi
Tolle09
Ekimyrf
keenerkeen07
Blue
Pete Roper
Bill Hagan
beetle
Charlie J
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

The highs and lows of motorcycling Empty
PostSubject: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:56 am

7 days ago my wife and I left home on our bikes . my petal has a 2013 V7 Stone and I was on my 2015 8V. We left Taree NSW and went to a mates place at Abermain. I am restoring his T150V that I used to own, we drunk much beer. The next day we went to Morpeth so Chris could participate in a seniors tennis weekend. I did the sensible thing and rode all round the joint. Wollombi and Dungog and all about. After the rides I drunk much beer. On Sunday we rode to Mudgee and stayed with our friend of 30 years, 68 year old carol who currently rides her deceased partners 2006 Triumph Bonneville. Amongst other things my mate ( Old Boy) had built an OHV WLA, and a monoshock Commando. Monday saw us meet up with 4 other riders to head off on our Annual week long ride. Day 1 was Mudgee to Uralla staying at the top pub. Beer. Day 2 Uralla to Drake. Beer. Day 3 drake to Yamba via Nimbim. Beer. Day 4 we headed from Yamba to Walcha. Day 4 was the only day we got wet , as We managed to beat the afternoon thunderstorms till then. My bike was enjoying the enthusiastic application of the throttle throttle, so I had led our mob every day closely followed by the Honda. The other bikes were an 883 Sporty, a Dyna Wideglide that flies,a Triumph Rocket 3 that fucken flies and a Honda ST1300. The Honda was being ridden by a Maori girl that likes to keep up with everybody. After stopping at the Ebor Falls pub briefly, no counterys anymore, we headed for Armidale. 15 ks out of town my fuel light came on so to conserve fuel I dropped back and rode with Carol, my mate on the Sporty and my wife in that order. The 3 bikes in front were out of sight. We came down a hill onto a shortish flat straight to see the Honda on the other side of the road facing us. As I rode past the rider ran onto the road to pick up a bit of a saddlebag rack that had fallen off the Dyna. I looked in the mirror as I went past to see Carols bike sliding across the road with a prostrate Carol sliding after it. The Honda rider had run directly into Carols path. We had been cruising along at about 110 kmh. Instant U turn and rendered first aid to the girls. Carol did not survive and the Honda rider had a smashed leg and rib injuries. The first passerby to stop was a nurse, the second a local farmer who rang his mum who is also a nurse. Amazingly Christine got reception on our Optus phone and about1/2 an hour later the first Ambo arrived followd by the police and eventually a Westpac Care flight chopper. Carol had organised several fundraisers for Careflight and the Mudgee toy run for the last 30 years...The Ambos and Coppers, and the passers by that helped were an example of quality folk beyond reproach. The world is now poorer without carol. Please forgive my self indulgence in relating this story but it has been therapeutic. Take care people and see ya on the road.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:26 am

This is very sad Charlie. My sympathies for your loss, and I reckon the world is poorer without someone like Carol in it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:27 am

Bugger! Condolences my good friend.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:57 am

Read yours a few minutes ago, somehow expecting the "lows" to be of the ran-out-of-fuel sort.

Lordy.

Thanks for sharing that, but, of course, sure wish you had not had that story to tell.

Regrets and condolences to all from the top of Virginia ...

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:12 am

What a horrible and tragic set of circumstances. My sympathies Charlie.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:03 am

So sorry to hear this. Words aint doing it,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so just sending positive thoughts your way.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:20 am

Sorry to hear of this tragedy, I hope the best for you in days to come.
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:52 am

Tragic, so sorry to hear this, having lived in aus for years I was enjoying your tale (havnt heard the word countery in ages) then got to the end, my sympathies to you mate, it must have taken a lot to post this, but at least Carol was with good mates on a fantastic trip when she passed
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:31 am

Condolences, things can just change in a flash
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Charlie, mate, bummer, big bummer. So sorry to hear that. We will remember Carol at the next opportunity, possibly over rum - yeah I think that would be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Sorry to hear Charlie, My heart goes out to you and your friends
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

PostSubject: condolences   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:59 pm

My deepest condolences Charlie.

Steve.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Charlie
Words fail, condolences
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Heartfelt condolences Charlie,
The best day and the worst day are separated by such a fine line.
Pat
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:34 pm

So sorry to read your story, Charlie. My condolences to you and your friends, I can only imagine the grief you're all feeling.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:06 pm

This is terrible. Really sorry to read your story. Not sure what to say. Sincere condolences.

Yan
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Just awful. Heartfelt condolences to all involved.

Don
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:08 pm

my condolences to you,so sad.pjm
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Wow I had to read that twice.
Very sad Charlie..
Back to top Go down
Sullivj
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Sullivj

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:43 am

Very, very sad story. Must have been horrible for you.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Sorry Charlie.

It seems that your friend Carol left quite a legacy. Condolences to her family and friends.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Charlie.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:42 pm

Charlie, so saddened to hear of your loss. Deepest condolences. Thoughts with you and family.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:53 pm

There are no new words I can add to those already written, Charlie...I am sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:30 pm

I didn't know what to write , that story kind of stunned me.

'Sorry for your loss' just didn't seem to be enough. But I am sorry , Charlie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The highs and lows of motorcycling   The highs and lows of motorcycling Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The highs and lows of motorcycling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next