GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

ABS (Antilock braking system)

Go down 
+9
Spaceknight
mojohand
Steak
WCB
pauldaytona
beetle
Pete Roper
Grisonut
wardentm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

ABS (Antilock braking system) Empty
PostSubject: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:06 pm

From what I read all new bikes greater that 125cc must have ABS fitted for all new bikes sold commencing 2016 in Europe
Is this the reason for the demise of the GRiSO ? Or is the timing just coincidental.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:41 pm

A little of both really.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Stelvio won't be far behind. Nor will the Norge. Both models use Marzocchi forks, much easier to shit-can them than find a new supplier. It also allows them to wriggle out of the 'Ten year parts supply' rule.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Piaggio doesn't need an excuse. Models can come and go as they decree.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Stelvio won't be far behind. Nor will the Norge. Both models use Marzocchi forks, much easier to shit-can them than find a new supplier. It also allows them to wriggle out of the 'Ten year parts supply' rule.

Pete

I'm assuming from that comment that Marzocchi have ceased to exist.
When you consider that wheels, discs and calipers are the same parts used on multiple brands of other bikes, that use multiple brands of other forks, Piaggio should be able to substitute any other fork without retooling.

ie, my Bellagio has disc diameter, offset and bolt pattern the same as all other Carc models and nearly every Ducati from the original 916 up to the latest Monster range, plus Aprilia RSV's etc.
I have used Brembo 4 spot - 4 pad calipers off a 998R Ducati. I have a front (BST) wheel from an Aprilia RS250. Everything lines up perfectly.

Surely there are a set of Showa forks that will meet the $crooges desire.

If Guzzi drop the whole 1200 8V range they will have only shit to sell, then again, it maybe their way of distancing themselves from an embarrassing product failure.
But will they introduce a whole new range of models based around a new power plant.
Water cooling scratch anybody?

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Yes, and it now seems that Guzzi is going to be the brand name used to sell fairground attractions rather than motorbikes! :angry:. FUCK THEM!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:42 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

I'm assuming from that comment that Marzocchi have ceased to exist.
When you consider that wheels, discs and calipers are the same parts used on multiple brands of other bikes, that use multiple brands of other forks, Piaggio should be able to substitute any other fork without retooling.

ie, my Bellagio has disc diameter, offset and bolt pattern the same as all other Carc models and nearly every Ducati from the original 916 up to the latest Monster range, plus Aprilia RSV's etc.
I have used Brembo 4 spot - 4 pad calipers off a 998R Ducati. I have a front (BST) wheel from an Aprilia RS250. Everything lines up perfectly.

Surely there are a set of Showa forks that will meet the $crooges desire.

If Guzzi drop the whole 1200 8V range they will have only shit to sell, then again, it maybe their way of distancing themselves from an embarrassing product failure.
But will they introduce a whole new range of models based around a new power plant.
Water cooling  scratch  anybody?

Problem is the fork diameters and leading axle, brakes etc. aren't the issue.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:49 pm

The 8V is not dead. The Cali 1400 isn't going anywhere. We may yet see a new big block model, but it won't be water cooled.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Only question for me is;
Is the 1400 engine/gearbox/swimgarm bigger/longer/heavier than the 1200 roller.

Meeting with the hub centre steer guys tomorrow, so will have to decide the best motive lump to attach to their bitz.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Everything bar the heads is the same. Heads are a bit taller that's all. Dimensionally identical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:24 pm

As an owner of both Pete, does the extra grunt of the 1400 make it a better motive unit?
Or is the 1200 smoother and freer reving?
I like the revy feel of Bella with its shorter stroke.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Its not that simple, I think gearing has a lot to do with it. Gotta eat supper, I'll expand on that later.

Pete
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:06 am

I think it is for new models 2016, and 2017 for existing models.

The same with euro 4, so guzzi has one 1400(Audace) in euro 4 and the v9. So other 1400 will be the same as the audace, the v9 knowladge can be used for the v7 or they put the v9n engine is, and then the 1200 are left, maybe they can get the 1400 treatment, but if they can make it with the 5am? These are the things they need to work on in 2016. So or the 1200 is gone in 2017 or they have a trick. The v7 are the sales numbers so they figure something out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:17 am

One of the fastest growing segments of motorcycles is the ADV bikes. They'd be crazy to drop the Stelvio now. Especially since it seems to be building momentum in sales. At least here in the U.S.

The National this past year was dominated by new V7's, Cali's and Stelvio's.

There were demo rides and everyone that took a GRiSO out that had never ridden one, came back with a shit eating grin on their faces.

Leave it to Guzzi to completely shoot themselves in the foot.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:44 am

I like the Stelvio quite a lot, but it seems to be the defacto new choice for much of the suspender and corn cob crowd. The Stelvio is the first new bike many of them have bought since the California III.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:54 am

Oh god, say it ain't so!!!

I've noticed it too though. As who the he'll am I kidding. Those bastards are my peers ( age wise anyway).
Back to top Go down
mojohand
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
mojohand

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:36 am

I find myself wandering here every now and again, hoping against hope I'll see a post that, yes, Guzzi IS delivering an ABS-kitted GRiSO. The only thing that keeps me from owning one again. Sigh. I agree with Pete, though: fuck'em Sad
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:15 am

A Ball Suck.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Spaceknight
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spaceknight

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:35 am

So 20+ years ago I bought a brand new 1993 Suzuki GSX1100G and that year Suzuki discontinued it. Last year I finally buy a new 2015 GRiSO and Guzzi bags it.

DAMN IT!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:15 am

I wouldn't bitch...you've got the best one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:03 pm

I wonder at what point parts availability may become a problem. confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:17 pm

About 30 years from now.
Back to top Go down
falcone71
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
falcone71

PostSubject: marzocchi   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:21 pm

According to a report on bikesales, it appears that VRM , another Italian company has taken over ownership and it may be still exist in the future
Back to top Go down
Spaceknight
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spaceknight

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Grisonut wrote:
I wouldn't bitch...you've got the best one! Very Happy

Not bitching. Even if I knew they were going to discontinue them I would have still bought one.

We just have a more exclusive club now. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:42 am

Looks like Marzocchi will live on: bought from Tenneco by VRM Spa

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABS (Antilock braking system)   ABS (Antilock braking system) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ABS (Antilock braking system)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next