GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Head Transplant

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Now I don't want you Taswegians to get all gooey and excited on me. This is a question for Mr Roper.

How close is the stud pattern between the old 2V heads and the newer 8V heads.

Reason 1. I believe my Bellagio has the same 95mm bore.
Reason 2. Pushrods in both model heads are in similar location.

Some plugging/drilling/machining required.
Yes I would need new (titanium?) rockers with screw lash adjusters.
Yes I would most probably need different length (ti) push rods. Are adjustable pushrods available - kill 2 birds ................
Yes the oil cooling galleries would be rendered useless, unless I configured external oil lines, without diminishing the oil pressure to my engines vitals.
Second option there would be an external oil cooler.

Just thinkin' Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:33 pm

Different stud spacings I'm pretty sure, none of the gaskets would work, it would be a nightmare even if it was possible.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Just plonk in an 8V. At the rate they're crashing, there'll be one along momentarily.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:14 pm

At least get one bike going GHEZZI, stop sitting on the fence Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Doug's A5 Stelvio motor is still for sale I think. Grab that for 2 grand, spend some cash on a way to mount the Ducati alt on the front of the crank, swap timing chests, bolt it in, go balistic!

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi Ghez
Trev from Tas here
Not sure if my second head, the removed one was an 8 valve or a 4
Keep smilin
Back to top Go down

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:29 am

Keep one spare for me Trev, I hope to retire to Taz one day.

Bella is running Ron, just needs a tail light and rego plate. Hopefully by noon Sunday it will be done and heading for a 3 day holiday on the Oxley staying at Long Flat Sun Mon night.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:35 am

Long flat pub Shocked Hmmmm , no Jan would fry up my nuts for breakfast, Sunday's my daughters birthday , I'll just go pat the bikes a bit Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:04 pm

While you are in the area, Wayne, keep an eye out for Eric & Suzi on their GRiSO, they planned a Dorrigo loop over the hols, weather permitting. Mr Bob may be out and about too. And if the Oxley itself gets too crowded, try out the road to Bellbrook - turn left at the tourist park (Middleton St -just before the Caltex) at South Kempsey for the back way out there through Sherwood.
Back to top Go down

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks Mal, that Bellbrook road looks good, but how far does the bitumen go on the way up to Armidale as the road looks twistier the higher up you go.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:53 am

The bitumen turns to gravel 9k after Bellbrook - a guy at the pub told me 20k, so I hit the gravel at 120 - a bit of a panic - it starts just after the bridge over Pee Dee Creek, but just before that are some views over bends in the MacLeay River. The beginning of the dirt looked pretty good, & it comes out on Waterfall Way near Wollomombi, some 80k later. Take it easy & I think you'd be rewarded with some stunning scenery. That's one road that's now on my list. Left to Armidale at the top or right to Ebor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:05 am

Heading for the Oxley at 5am tomorrow (27th)
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:32 am

A decent time to start the trip this weather. Cooler. Take appropriate care & keep an eye peeled. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Head Transplant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Transplant   Head Transplant Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Head Transplant
Page 1 of 1