GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Cave dweller

Go down 
+4
LBC Tenni
waterbottle
beetle
Trogladyte
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Hello

I'm Trogladyte. And it's not spelled wrong, it's my name, the resemblance to "troglodyte" being entirely coincidental. Except that my wife says I'm a bloody neanderthal.

I have had my GRiSO 8v from new - 2008. In that time it has been graced by a total of 5 sets of cams and followers, having failed originally before the recall. Is this a record? It's now done two trouble free years on the roller setup, and has about 34k miles on the clock.

It's not my first Guzzi. I am a serial offender, having had an 850T, and a T3, and a Le Mans 3 with high compression big bore kit, gear timing, extended sump, and 40mm pumpers. I've also got an Aprilia RRV450GP road racing bike, which my son has piloted in two seasons of racing around the UK, a lovely Norton 16H, and the remains of a BSA B25SS Gold Star that I've had since I was 17. I'm now over 29 (sons - Trogladets Major and Minor- are 18 and 26).

I live in South London, where I am more or less assimilated. But I am not English. I am Welsh. This is a very important distinction.

Please be nice to me.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Welcome. I've seen you knocking around in that other forum.

Pics of GRiSO immediately, or I shall fart in your general direction. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Got Pics? ghetto Welcome

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:08 pm

Last edited by Trogladyte on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:09 pm

OK, so my picture doesn't look that good. What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Forum no like Facebook. Click the little icon in the reply box menu with the floppy disk and save the image to the forum image server.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Yeah....OK, I'll need to work on that.
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:21 pm

OK....well that seems to have almost worked. Not sure about how the proportions are working. Or not working. Also that photo is a bit of a cheat, as I could only get old photos hosted on my hard drive to work. And the old girl doesn't look quite so new these days! As you may have seen from the thread about the clutch replacement weekend on that other forum.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:35 pm

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:27 pm

welcome to the real world Trogladyte Wink
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Lovely GRiSO, but do you prefer steel cut or rolled oats? Razz
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:46 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
Don't start that crap here No or I'll start a topic on which hemorrhoid cream works best......... with photos affraid
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:16 pm

waterbottle wrote:
LBC Tenni wrote:
Don't start that crap here No or I'll start a topic on which hemorrhoid cream works best......... with photos   affraid  

Uncle! Uncle!!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:47 am

Welcome Trog! cheers cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Welcome Trogladyte!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:47 am

Trogladyte wrote:
Hello

I'm Trogladyte. And it's not spelled wrong, it's my name, the resemblance to "troglodyte" being entirely coincidental. Except that my wife says I'm a bloody neanderthal.

I have had my GRiSO 8v from new - 2008. In that time it has been graced by a total of 5 sets of cams and followers, having failed originally before the recall. Is this a record? It's now done two trouble free years on the roller setup, and has about 34k miles on the clock.

It's not my first Guzzi. I am a serial offender, having had an 850T, and a T3, and a Le Mans 3 with high compression big bore kit, gear timing, extended sump, and 40mm pumpers. I've also got an Aprilia RRV450GP road racing bike, which my son has piloted in two seasons of racing around the UK, a lovely Norton 16H, and the remains of a BSA B25SS Gold Star that I've had since I was 17. I'm now over 29 (sons - Trogladets Major and Minor- are 18 and 26).

I live in South London, where I am more or less assimilated. But I am not English. I am Welsh. This is a very important distinction.

Please be nice to me.

I too am Welsh and live not far from you, in Sussex. I still want to know when the Germans think their holiday here is over and go home.

Grisoless this morning, going down to Chichester to negotiate on a 2015 model. Today.
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:

I too am Welsh and live not far from you, in Sussex. I still want to know when the Germans think their holiday here is over and go home.

Grisoless this morning, going down to Chichester to negotiate on a 2015 model. Today.

Snigger! I know!

This place is full of Saxons out-staying their welcome, too! Oddly enough I live in a place called Wallington. It's from the same root as "Wales", and derives from "Waleton" - village of the Britons, or Welsh! So I'm in the right place.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:48 pm

They even tolerate French here! You'll be fine. Laughing

But Holy fuckeroo Batman!! 5 cam sets in 34K miles??
I know that all flaties will fail at one point but I suspect dealer amateurism in your case, like not flushing the engine after the first fail etc...
My 09 finally fail at 36K miles despite that the recall was done before the bike was sold to me by a competent dealer that sadly no longer exist.
I did all the service myself diligently on this bike from new and never cut corners so when my tappet went to shit, I knew that there was a major issue/flaw with this set up and at the time, very few were in the know (except Piaggio of course) about the gravity of the flat tappets and its inevitable demise.
Glad you upgraded to the roller set up... Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cave dweller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave dweller   Cave dweller Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cave dweller
Page 1 of 1