GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Pro Italia

Go down 
+6
LBC Tenni
Grisonut
MalG
Bill Hagan
pokeyjoe
muzhik
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Pro Italia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Italia   Pro Italia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Sadly though this is commonplace. I fear there is a lot of denial, which is fine, unless you know the machines well and inspect them you may not know of the problem. After all I found a lot of the crying about the issue lacking in credibility for years as I couldn't get one to fail in an obvious manner.

What is a huge problem is that I fear a lot of shops do know but don't want to take the dive on resale value. That is to my mind outright dishonest and in a case like this the likelihood is that the shop knows a Tenni is a popular and cosmetically pretty bike so they will try and maximise their return with the least effort.

What is particularly galling is with such low mileage rollerising it now would pretty much gaurantee it's happy future. Letting it go is simply a waste of a nice motorbike.

Pete
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: Pro Italia   Pro Italia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:36 am

True, however, there is also the issue of the highly-regarded salesman that gave a buyer too much money for his trade-in. I would guess that the previous owner knew exactly what he was trading in and is absolutely delighted with his deal. He may have even walked out with a new GRiSO. Pro Italia never has a mechanic look at a bike before they come up with a trade-in value. It may have just cost them some money. It looks as though they are just waiting for a sucker to buy the bike. That is really sad.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Pro Italia   Pro Italia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:35 am

I had my 6k service done at P-I about 10 months ago. Discussed the tappets at that time with a service advisor who knew of the issue but told me with only 6k miles it was a "keep an eye on it" sort of problem. Bad advice, but perhaps forgivable. Fast forward to now. That service advisor is no longer working there and the rest of them claim to know nothing about the tappet problem. How likely is that to be true? Smells like BS to me. Lying weasels is my conclusion. They can take their showroom full of Ducatis and fuck off. Thousand Oaks is the only good dealer in the LA area.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Pro Italia   Pro Italia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Muhzik, I am good friends with Sean Fader of RTL Moto.
He has been working on Guzzi's for 20 plus years and he told me to deal with MPH or Moto International in Seattle.
Did I get that right? The Seattle shop?
I ordered an oil pump for my 1100 from Pro Italia and they got the wrong one.
Didn't bother me very much but they do seem to give a damn about Ducati and not about Guzzi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Italia   Pro Italia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pro Italia
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2