GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Geegaws

Go down 
+15
Conor W
Street
GNORTS
sidrat
Lemppari
Red Dog
tocino
boxerscott
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
Ralf z
Pete Roper
beetle
Charlie J
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2016 2:17 pm

beetle wrote:
I wasn't being a smart arse you fuckwit. It's the rules. Shove your shit-spangled Bellagio up your arse.

And get off your bum and buy a GRiSO Laughing ....... so you can be cool like us Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2016 2:52 pm

I was gunna, but I'm looking at a Multistrada front end. You know, upside dunnies and multi adjustable like a greaso, but long enough to keep my alternator off the ground.

The yokes give me 30 mm more trail and shorten the wheel base same, (sounds like hard Labour).
Then I can drop the nose some more and reduce the rake (&trail) some more.

When gold and silver bullion double in value, I can sell some and then buy a fuckin shit spangled GRiSO. But I can't change its obese appearance.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 24, 2016 11:21 am

ghezzi wrote:
But I can't change its obese appearance.

I thought plus-size models were in!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Nigella is about as "plus" as I want to go.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 24, 2016 4:14 pm

So you like bad plastic work and Botox riddled women?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Mate, at my age and El Nino status, women with geegaws are good!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Understood. Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Got my Matris Geegawed forks back today bounce
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:01 am

While not as such a Geegaw I did finally get my Mistral Hi-Pipe extended a bit at the join to the pretzel and slightly enbiggened so it slipped on and seals nicely.

Funnily enough my cold start issues seem to have disappeared now it isn't leaking like a Labor Party cabinet meeting!Embarassed

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:01 am

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto
Red Dog

PostSubject: Red Dogs GeeGaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am

OK then, ALL of this came with the bike:
Matris "S" Fork kit
MUPO Evo 1 Shock Kit
PC-V with Auto Tune
GT-Rx Headers
GT-Rx Under Carriage Exhaust
Open Air Box & Filter Kit
Tail Tidy
GT Oil Cooler cover
GT Crash Bars
Carc Gaurd
Folding Shift peg
Folding Brake peg
CNC folding & adjustable for position & length clutch lever
CNC folding & adjustable for position & length brake lever
GIVI fly screen

I've Added:
(LOL) Grip Puppies (Just put them on & have not ridden yet)
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:52 am

So it's a noisy, thirsty pig of a thing then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:25 am

Pete Roper wrote:
So it's a noisy, thirsty pig of a thing then? Very Happy

Well actually I did a fairly hard 300 mile run & was amazed when I penciled out the fuel mileage (don't trust computers they are always showing way better) that she was averaging 38/40 mpg & I was hitting trip digits a lot of the time. I'm happy with that.

As far as the noise goes: It's been a long time since I had a bike that had a decent bark to it so I am enjoying it.

It's not overly loud, really nice idle & when it gets past the 4000 & into the 5000 range it does sound like a herd of sports cars coming down the straight's but goes fairly quiet when doing a steady cruise speed. I watch the looks on peoples faces standing along the road & most all of them have a big smile when I go buy & nobody is throwing shovels or rakes so I guess it sounds okay to them.

Not a pig it is a Grizzly Bear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:19 am

The heaviest, ugliest, yet somewhat functional geegaw. This monstrosity weighs approx 37kg in its fully functional configuration. Removal of grab bar and Givi bars reduces weight to about 17kg. I think manufacturing this took the entire steel production of a small nation.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:19 am

It's hideous! That's why I gave it to you sweetness!Razz
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:26 am

'The heaviest, ugliest, yet somewhat functional geegaw. This monstrosity weighs approx 37kg in its fully functional configuration. Removal of grab bar and Givi bars reduces weight to about 17kg. I think manufacturing this took the entire steel production of a small nation.'

I think it's not SOOOO horrendous in black, although the paint adds several kg's to the weight. As a matter of fact I'm having serious doubt about installing it in the first place....Hmmm, doesn't look half that bad without the grabrail Laughing
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 am

I think I'll paint it black (no reference to the Rolling Stones intended). I wouldn't install it with the grab rail, as I reckon the GRiSO would wheelie too easily.

Mrs Beetle said, 'you're not leaving that thing on are you?' The answer is no. I expect it will only be on for cabals.

It also was a bitch to attach. Some modifications are required, as not all holes line up.

Pete, Jude definitely got the better end of the deal. Suspect

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:16 am

its fugly
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:21 am

sidrat wrote:
its fugly

Never a truer word spoken.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:25 am

And you wonder why Stucchi went tits up? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Geegaws = Farkles    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Geegaws (or Farkles, as some here in the US call them)
Front to back:

1. Givi 770 fairing. Black vinyl tubing was used to fill the gap around the headlight. Fairing was gloss black, now wrapped with 3M flat black vinyl. Red enamel MG eagle logo on nose of fairing - removed Givi logo.
2. Dual USB power outlet attached to base of right front turn signal. Switched, powers the tank bag and the camera.  Wiring runs behind right wing into underseat area.
3. Contour video camera, mounted on a RAM ball attached to a clamping arm that sits on a RAM "tough clamp" attached to the base of the left front turn signal.
4. All four cheap-o chrome turn signal bodies are painted flat black.
5. Garmin Nuvi GPS, bought refurbished from Amazon.  With a plastic shade hood, it's visible enough in bright sun, and the Garmin Zumo bike-specific units are way too expensive for what you get.  This one has bluetooth, will pair with my phone, and will accept route files from BaseCamp, the Garmin PC app.  Power lead runs behind left wing to under-seat area.  It's mounted on a RAM setup with a model-specific holder that the GPS snaps into.
6. The shade hood for the Garmin started life as a clip-on generic model that had to be heavily modified to fit over the clamp on the RAM holder.  The clip was removed and the hood was carved up to fit, and it's held in place with velcro.  I spent a good part of a day futzing with that hood, so it counts as a separate farkle.
7. Chrome stock bar end weights replaced with a black set that I bought for my Stone, and kept when I traded it in on the 07 GRiSO.  They don't have the recesses that hide the hex on the end of the threaded bar end inserts, so I found some black O-rings (garden hose washers, actually) that cover the hex and make the weights look more finished.  They're a little longer and heavier than the stock ones.
8. 15mm bar risers from Onur. Very nice work.
9. Tank ring from Onur.
10. Givi tank bag with tank lock fitting.
11. SPOT Gen3 satellite locator.  Its tracking feature gets a GPS fix every 10 minutes and sends it to a web page that my spouse can use to keep track of me.  It lives in the lid of the tank bag where it gets an unobstructed view of the sky.  It has its own lithium batteries, but also gets power from a USB hub in the tank bag.  The same hub powers my phone.
12. Dead animal skin seat cover from Alaska Sheepskin. Actually, it's the pillion seat cover from my old Honda ST1300, which I forgot to send off with the new owner when I sold the bike.
13. OEM shop stand.  Indispensable.
14. When I traded in the 07, Dave at MI and I swapped the rider and passenger footpegs between the two bikes.  I don't like the narrow metal pegs on the newer bikes, so I kept the old rubber-padded pegs.
15. Termignoni OEM exhaust, with the DB killer IN!
16. MG panniers with brackets. The left bag touched the top edge of the Termi, so I had to do some fiddling and bending to get them apart by only about 1/8 inch.
17.  MG tail rack.  I had installed it on the 07, so blowing huge holes in the tail cowling was less traumatic this time.
18. MG tail bag. Straps are modified with buckles to make the bag easier to get on and off.
19. 4-circuit fuse block under the air cleaner snorkel, connected to switched 12VDC under the fuse panel on the right frame rail.  Two 7.5A circuits power the USB connector on the right front turn signal and the GPS.
20. An identical 4-circuit fuse block just behind the snorkel, connected to unswitched 12VDC at the main fuses below the battery. One 15A circuit powers a pigtail that connects to electric clothing.  One 7.5A circuit serves as an input for a Battery Tender maintainer.  Another 7.5A circuit powers another set of USB connections that provide power to the rear luggage, either panniers or tail bag. This provides power for a tablet computer and a Jambox portable bluetooth speaker. All circuits on both fuse blocks are connected to a grounding terminal strip on the left frame rail that is grounded to the main earth post at the starter motor.
21. Battery Tender makes a sweet little digital voltmeter that plugs into the same SAE connector where the battery maintainer connects.  It's cheap and tiny, and enables me to monitor battery voltage without turning on the ignition.
22. Custom license plate frame, ordered on the internet, that says, "Fate L'Amore, Non La Guerra" Make Love, Not War.

Future Farkles:
Fenda extenda
Hugger rear fender
Stelvio hand guards (already have 'em, functional but fugly, won't mount them until I need them for cold weather riding, which is hopefully Never.)

I've had the bike for a month, but all these projects and iffy weather have limited my riding to about 500 miles so far.  I'll ride that many miles, and more, to and from the national rally in a couple of weekends.  When I get back, and get the bike's first service done, it will be time for one more farkle, geegaw, whatever:  the Beetle map!  I'm not real pleased with light-throttle fueling below 4K, which makes the bike a bit of a challenge to ride in traffic.  A bit lumpy and grumpy.  But I'm sure Mark's map for this bike, with this exhaust, will be worth the $100.

Il Razzo Rosso (the Red Rocket), in full touring livery:
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Geez Louise, John, you've been busy! See you in John Day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:58 pm

Well, after I failed to 'Measure twice, cut once' with the forks I've gone 'Full Geegaw'. Not only am I getting Laurie to make some shims for the Mana forks but I'm getting shims made and the staunchions turned along with a full re-valve and Spring overhaul on the Ohlins. This means I'll be able to in 20 minutes swap time to get a full evaluation of the comparative merits of Matris vs. Ohlins and a cost comparison.

Gotta go. #2 son just turned up!

Last edited by Pete Roper on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:03 am

Well, came over to register my G2 throttle thing and see Gnorts list. I retreat with my meezly 1. Beetles map will definitely help Gnorts, as will ensuring cables are as sorted as you can, but also try the G2 if you need finer control right off bottom stop.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:16 pm

The heaviest, ugliest rack becomes functional:

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Geegaws    GRiSO Geegaws - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Geegaws
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next