GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO down.

Go down 
+8
Grisodude
TonyG
Grisonut
Uzidzit
DungeonMaster
beetle
Steak
Pete Roper
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Gat a call early this morning. Mark Salkeld who posts here as Mark III I believe had a bad crash down on the south coast and has been airlifted to Canberra where he's in ICU with a punctured lung and lots of busted bits. I'm just leaving to collect the bike. I'll report when I know more.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Yikes, that sucks...  Hope brother GRiSO rider heals well. Keep us posted as you can Pete.

We don't have a Mark III as a member here, and I couldn't find any member with an email address that would suggest a match, so I can't suggest a profile to send well wishes to.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Shit! Hope he is alright. Keep us informed.

Steve, Mark is not a member here. He posts on GT and WG.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:35 pm

I posted about this on GT.

Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:09 pm

beetle wrote:
Steve, Mark is not a member here. He posts on GT and WG.

It's just a matter of time. He'll come around, the best ones always do... All the positive vibes will bring him around.

Pete can fix his GRiSO, hopefully the docs will square his personal mechanicals up. Any idea of what happened to cause the crash?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 pm

I know as much as you. Pete will let us know I imagine.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:44 pm

According to the tow truck bloke it just looked like he over-cooked it. If it happened on the road I think it did and he wasn't familiar with it it would be very easy. Its one of my favourite bits of 'Play' road on the south coast but its also very unforgiving if you get it wrong.

He's done it all wrong though. While he's all busted up with twelve broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken clavicle and scapula his bike looks eminently repairable! You're supposed to do it the other way round.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Ugh, poor guy.

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:58 am

Damn!!
It sounds like he busted himself up harder than I did when I washed out my Falco in 2009.
Hearts and prayers are with Mark from all of us

DM
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
According to the tow truck bloke it just looked like he over-cooked it. If it happened on the road I think it did and he wasn't familiar with it it would be very easy. Its one of my favourite bits of 'Play' road on the south coast but its also very unforgiving if you get it wrong.

He's done it all wrong though. While he's all busted up with twelve broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken clavicle and scapula his bike looks eminently repairable! You're supposed to do it the other way round.

Pete

Bad enough, but stuff that usually heals ok not fast but good, TG no spinal breaks...broken ribs are good reminders to not do that for quite a while...hope he heals up soon.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:27 am

yeah. good way to describe the ribs.

I fractured five ribs and fractured my scapula.
Was Mark wearing one of those "flak jacket" goodies??
I sure wasn't and I definitely should have been. I would have been a LOT better off if I had been wearing that chest/back armor.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:18 pm

I hope he'll recover well...
I messed up bad back in December when I wrecked and totaled my 09.
I was wearing all the gears and despite having bruises on most of my joins, I had no broken bones or open wounds to speak of.
Road rash on my left knee was the obvious pain but I went to work the next day.
I was very lucky because it was a nasty wreck, and ALL my fault too...
Back to top Go down
TonyG
Carlotto
Carlotto
TonyG

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:40 am

Hope he has a speedy recovery. Bikes can always be fixed or replaced, health can't.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Pete, any news?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Just dropped his bag off to his wife who is staying at Canberra hospital. Seems he's got some sort of horrible bolus of blood and pus tha has fucked up the lower lobe of one of his lungs and they may have to chop it out or stick some sort of horrid tube into it to try and suck the shit out!

Essentially he's pretty busted up, he's out of ICU and in the cardio-thoracic ward. His wife says I could probably go in on Wednesday so I'll try to visit then.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Not good. If you can get in to see him, give him our best.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Tell him all his GRiSO brothers are pulling for a quick and full recovery Pete.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 am

Well, Mark sounds fine but further investigation makes me think his GRiSO is fucked. Frame damage, bent or at least twisted forks, mess with the TB's. Headlight, pipe, rear wheel master cylinders both clutch and brake, the list goes on. Its sad as Mark's bike is same as mine. 'Class of '08', y'know, the real shitty ones. He's covered much the same distance as me but has been far more adventurous, his last clip was to Perth!

I do grow weary of the shit that is put on early 8V's. They weren't perfect but fuck they are good? There is a certain pleasure I get from sitting at the lights and getting other people on less interesting bikes pulling up next to me and saying "Bloke, your bike is really rattly, its obviously broken! You need to take it to a mechanic!" I'll fix it when it fucking breaks! It hasn't yet!

Seeing Mark's bike go west actually makes me feel a sadness I haven't felt for motorbikes for a long time. Who knows? Perhaps I should insure mine as a 'Collectors' Item'?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 am

Peter
Great to here Marks on the mend  Very Happy , shame that his bike will not be by the sound of it.
These GRiSO's are strange aren't they, one bike I'll do the best not to sell.
What a great bike the designer has created, so many new ones have no sole.
We are a lucky bunch.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:23 am

A sole is a form of Northern European flat-fish. I have no need for one. Soul is a different matter. Very Happy. Sorry, I'm a bastard like that. Don't worry, my spelling is shot too. Keep yer eye out and you can upbraid me too!

Few bikes *Move* me any more! even the ones that *Moved* people decades ago like the Bevely Ducatis never really did it for me. Nowadays I admire classy functionality as epitomised by my Mana and also the 'Out There' nuttiness of the Aprilia v4's but no current motorbike comes close to the individuality, style and pure fun factor of the Big G. Not for me at least but that doesn't mean my small minded, blinkered and bigoted opinions are worth listening to unless you're a cretin! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
swagzz
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
swagzz

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:15 am

I had the choice of the last 2v 1100 or the first of the 8V 1200 so I figured I could always get an 8V later.
The 1100 G is keeper, the grand kids are arguing over it
all ready
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:42 am

Pete, I felt the same way when they totaled my 09.
Not too much damage really... both rims had a kink in them, muffler scrapped to shit, broken shifter and grinded up valve cover...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm pleased Mark is doing OK. He can mend, but if the GRiSO is FUBAR, I hope he was insured!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 pm

He works in the insurance industry Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
He works in the insurance industry Very Happy.

Very Happy 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO down.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next