GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Near miss on a ride today.

Go down 
+3
DungeonMaster
Guzziboy66
Grisodude
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

Near miss on a ride today. Empty
PostSubject: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:02 am

Hi Guys
Went for a ride this morning came around a corner that had concealed driveways.
Now this is a great corner, always have my fingers on the front brake just in case .
Low and behold as I just get upright there is a vehicle across the road. Surprised 
I hit the brakes hard, must have as the back screeched and wiggled like a dirt bike.
Never had this happen on the road before.
Any way got through in front of him so all good.
Check on the way back and I remember a person walking on the foot path at the time.
Why I remember I don't know.
Seems the driver was reversing out of the driveway, across the road into a drive way to a park.
This is a good idea as the driveway sucks.
The wife of a friend who works at a nearby hospital said she has seen the m doing this.
But he must not have seen the walker and stopped across the road.
I was going about 10kms over the speed limit, yes I'm bad but the GRiSO did it to me.
Oh well all good I got around the front of the vehicle and know the brakes a good on the GRiSO.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 am

Yikes. Good Job. Reminds me how we have to always be vigilant.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:41 am

Always look deep and be eternally vigilant.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Ride like they're all out to get you...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Yeah, it's like you're in the PACMAN game... they're coming after you no matter where you go.
You're constantly fleeing...
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Ride fast, take chances...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Good One Steak!!
A work/riding buddy of mine loved to say that too.
He was riding skateboards over the age of 40.

Grisonut - I like to look at my driving environment like a backgammon game. Always looking at where I have openings I can get to WITHOUT getting bounced by my opponent

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:37 am

Dungeon- Yep. Seeking the way out is where it's at.
Even if I'm by myself with no one around, I choose a line that can get me out of the "Oh shit!" moment... sand/wet spot by sprinkler etc...
Mostly late apex.
Not always doable but it reduces chances considerably.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 am

While I'm sure that we all accept that motorcycling is not without risk nowadays I am ridiculously cautious and risk averse. Quite simply I never push even remotely hard on the road unless I know every pothole, gate, intersection and hazard intimately and if I'm approaching a corner I don't know I will always assume there is going to be some blockage of the road just out of my range of vision and prepare to stop if needs be. Oddly enough this hasn't changed my enjoyment of riding one iota but it probably makes me as boring as batshit as a riding companion! Really though if I want to go hard I'll go to a track day. Lots of run-off, nothing coming the other way, good visibility and an ambulance nearby for if I fuck-up.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 am

I take some of the blame on this one as I know the driveways are there.
He takes the other half for not seeing the walker.
Didn't give the finger anything like that just something that happened and all was ok.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on a ride today.   Near miss on a ride today. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Near miss on a ride today.
Page 1 of 1