GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

You've seen it all before (tappets)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

You've seen it all before (tappets) Empty
PostSubject: You've seen it all before (tappets)   You've seen it all before (tappets) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:02 am

2009 bike with 10k miles on the clock

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In the end I bought a kit C on ebay (!) and did the job myself having read/watched Mr Roper's tutorials at least 10 times!

I didn't know that the cam followers were worn before I started out, I just assumed they would be given all I've seen on this forum.

Hopefully I can now ride worry-free
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: You've seen it all before (tappets)   You've seen it all before (tappets) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 am

Pics no show, but yes, we've seen it all before......
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: You've seen it all before (tappets)   You've seen it all before (tappets) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:58 am

What am I doing wrong on the pics?
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Pictures   You've seen it all before (tappets) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: You've seen it all before (tappets)   You've seen it all before (tappets) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Good pics. The top one is particularly useful as it clearly shows the very early stages of failure on the tappet on the right. Even though the DLC hasn't started to abrade you can clearly see the different colour tone in the centre of the face caused by the coating crazing as it fractures.

My guess is that a lot of the people who take umbrage at my observation that they are all going to fail will of looked at their tappets, (Or their mechanic will of!) and seen that sort of damage and either thought it was OK or didn't notice it at all! Make no mistake, that tappet is on the way out too.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: You've seen it all before (tappets)   You've seen it all before (tappets) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Midlifecrisis,

Cudos to you for accepting what it is, getting on with the fix & putting it behind you.

Too many keep listening to the alternative facts preached by Piaggio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You've seen it all before (tappets)   You've seen it all before (tappets) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

You've seen it all before (tappets)
Page 1 of 1