GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A trip to shit-town....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

A trip to shit-town.... Empty
PostSubject: A trip to shit-town....   A trip to shit-town.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:43 pm

That would be Sydney for all you furriners Very Happy.

Normally if I have to go to Sydney I'll take the Mana as its an ideal city bike what with being an auto and all but I thought I'd take the GRiSO just to see how the new map behaved in the city slog.

The answer is impeccably. No ragged running even when it go to be stinkin' hot. That's another feather in its cap! Having done it once though, that is enough. It won't be coming back here any time soon. Its still a pig in traffic!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: A trip to shit-town....   A trip to shit-town.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 am

Careful Pete, I work on the outskirts (thank the Guzzi Gods it ain't closer) of said shit-town. Wink 
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: A trip to shit-town....   A trip to shit-town.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:05 am

When I took my GRiSO to shit town, it actually was better in traffic then the 750 Breva. At least the clutch didn't overheat any where as badly.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: A trip to shit-town....   A trip to shit-town.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:26 am

Breva clutch cables collapse their outers when they get hot because of their routing. The GRiSO's hydraulic system doesn't suffer the same issues. Actually all things considered mine wasn't too bad but being an early one it has a rather Herculean clutch pull! Very Happy.

The Mana really does have it all over the G as a tourer and city bike though.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: A trip to shit-town....   A trip to shit-town.... Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:23 am

Just as an addendum to this I filled up when I got to Millpera in Sydney's west where the importer his based yesterday before riding on right into the city where Jude was staying. This was grindingly slow and the bike got very hot. This morning I repeated this torture getting back to the airport where I joined the F5 freeway for the slow crawl to the outskirts of the city. At that point I checked my trip meter and I'd done about 62km of this dreary city slog.

The fuel light eventually came on just before I got back to Goulburn and the trip meter then said 224km. Most of the journey on the freeway was at an indicated 125-130kph which is borderline risky for a ticket if the wallopers want to make your life difficult.

When I re-filled the tank took 12.4 litres. Given the abuse it copped in Sydney and the speed I held once back on the freeway I thought these were very respectable figures!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A trip to shit-town....   A trip to shit-town.... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A trip to shit-town....
Page 1 of 1