GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

MG mechanic NE Victoria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

MG mechanic NE Victoria Empty
PostSubject: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:44 am

Hi Guys just got a nice pre-owned 1100 GRiSO. Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the NE of Victoria? I like near Bright and am an Hour from Albury-Wodong and 45 minutes from Wangaratta.
Bike is good but all I am good for is tappets and oil changes, just looking for a heads up should I need help up the track-
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Well David McMillan he's from Bright, rides a Breva 11, rode up to me last week. It's a bit of a grind at this time of year I know but we'd be happy to do a tune and set-up for you.

As I said before you bought it the chances are it will need swingarm bearings and possibly a shock linkage, both of which I have in stock. Apart from that it'll probably just be a standard service/tune.

Pete

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Pete; I know Macca, I will chat with him. I thought you spent your time between Bungendore and Wagga?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Nah, the business is in Bungendore. Mark, (Beetle.) is based in Wagga so I trundle over from time to time to consume meat and alcohol but both I and Michael my offsider are Bungendore based.

Without wanting to big note ourselves we have had people come from Townsville, Adelaide, all over Victoria, the 'Real Outback' and everywhere in between. The Royal Hotel offers reasonable budget accomodation and unless we find something horrendously wrong with your bike which is highly unlikely you'd only be in town for one night.

There is a 'Dealership' in Albury but from what I've heard they have zero stock of service items or spares and the one customer I've had who took his Cali 14 there was, err.......? Less than complimentary about the experience as we had to do the valves for him as the lids had not been taken off at the service and we had to do the self Learning procedures as they'd somehow managed to screw up the throttling and sent it out that way! It was scary to ride and had a dirty great 'Service' warning on the dash when it arrived!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzimackers
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Motoguzzimackers

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Careful...he'll do this to your pride and joy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://motoguzzimackers.com/
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Mine looked like that when Pete and Michael had it, but you should see it now. And see how it goes too. Shit hot mechanics they are, and nice guys too.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:49 pm

We went a bit deeper into Macker's bike

Wyno's bike came out OK, his pipe was changed to an Ago hydroform.

The original Mistral is on Michael's bike with a home made dB killer inserted, dunno how it will run yet as he comes of his 'P' plates next week! cheers

That bike is also now sporting the GRiSO factory screen Bill sent me. Dunno what was wrong with it but it was an absolute frontbottom to fit! Luckily Michael's fabrication skills are far better than mine and he bent, filed, polished and drilled until he made the bugger work!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Without wanting to big note ourselves we have had people come from Townsville, Adelaide, all over Victoria, the 'Real Outback' and everywhere in between.

I even venture there from far flung Canberra at times!!! - sometimes even just to have a chat and a sticky beak or have a beer at the Royal or loose my wallet in a box of bits in the workshop (literally)....

Btw, in the 70's my family used to spend many weekends at Bright where my father's old Air Force mate lived & worked as the local TV repairman.
When we moved from Melbourne to Sydney I'd still be sent down on the train to stay with them & go skiing.
They've long since left but I've been meaning to do a nostalgic ride down there for a long time.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:49 pm

It would be a good place for a cabal, no?
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Absolutely riders heaven. I retired from Sydney last year for the road and dirt bike activities and the skiing. I have had mates from Sydney come and stay for 2, 3, or more days just for the riding.
A German mate reckons the loop from Bright over to Omeo, Blue Duck for lunch as Anglers Rest the either home via Falls Creek or Mitta Mitta is better than the European Alps. He qualifies this as the Alps are crowded and slow. On this 1000 + bend loop of circa 200kms there is little or no traffic. Note this is best visited during Spring through Autumn as the Alpine pass is often closed to bikes during winter. That said there are plenty of other rides from here.
Happy to assist with any Guzzi riders coming down this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MG mechanic NE Victoria   MG mechanic NE Victoria Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

MG mechanic NE Victoria
Page 1 of 1