GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mechanic Assistance

Go down 
+13
Bill Hagan
Grisonut
Kiwi_Roy
Bulldog9
usedtobefast
sideshowbob
davem
beetle
Dilliw
Steak
Pete Roper
GuzziSteve
allen
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
allen
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
allen

Mechanic Assistance Empty
PostSubject: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:06 am

I live in South Carolina and my 07 GRiSO needs some work. Biggest problem is the PO monkeyed with the Sacred Screw. I have only made things worse by trying to fix after a ride where the bike began idling at 3100 RPM,and it is beyond my ability to fix it. Could someone please recommend a good mechanic in the SC/NC/GA/FL/AL area? I am willing to trailer the bike as far as needed.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am

I can help, I'm closer to Athens,GA than ATL. Were you at in SC? I do house calls too, mostly local.
Back to top Go down
allen
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
allen

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:25 pm

I live about 20 miles from Augusta, Ga just over in SC.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:52 pm

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Good luck Steve. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:45 am

Thanks Pete, should be pretty straightforward. Been there, done that, kind of stuff. Not very many that I have had to touch that screw. Almost gives a wrench confidence in the factory. Almost.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:06 pm

Guzzi Steve to the rescue!

Way to go bro, Pete (Street) has passed on that you are legitimately "cool".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm

That may be true but I lost my cool on WG today. Gotta find a better hobby. Maybe go back to work.
Thanks for the kind words. I need all the work I can get.

Last edited by GuzziSteve on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Another GRiSO in Aiken???
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:31 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
That may be true but I lost my cool on WG today. Gotta find a better hobby. Maybe go back to work.
Thanks for the kind words.  I need all the work I can get.

Do tell Steve. While I know that a lot of folk despise Mild I still retain an affection for it from the days when it was full of moderately intelligent and witty people. Nowadays it's stuffed full of people sticking chopsticks into their fucking engines! I mean??? Really!

What made you blow a gasket? I've come so close to getting myself banned recently it ain't funny! The level of cunty stupidness almost defies description! Oh! And everyone wants a 'Red One'! Butter my arse with a pidgeon! What a pack of dicks!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:20 am

I reckon it was the pinch bolt torque thread.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 am

I must admit WG is a shadow of it's former self. I had a topic pulled when I mentioned  tariffs applied to Harleys by the EU. Must have been too political for the moderator or something.
And that bloke that is always banging on about Harley Sportsters and how good they are, jeez give me strength.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 am

Difference between GG and WG is like the difference between chicken salad and chicken shite.

Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:27 am

Pete Roper wrote:
GuzziSteve wrote:
Thanks for the kind words.  I need all the work I can get.

Do tell Steve. While I know that a lot of folk despise Mild I still retain an affection for it from the days when it was full of moderately intelligent and witty people. Nowadays it's stuffed full of people sticking chopsticks into their fucking engines! I mean??? Really!

What made you blow a gasket? I've come so close to getting myself banned recently it ain't funny! The level of cunty stupidness almost defies description! Oh! And everyone wants a 'Red One'! Butter my arse with a pidgeon! What a pack of dicks!

Pete

Come on Pete, it was a skewer. Smile And I don't know, I have a warped admiration of someone that can't tell the difference between a spark plug hole (that they recently pulled the plug out of) and the oil return passage ... and they think they can do their own maintenance. "And I put the stick in ... I don't know ... maybe this little hole ... or that one ... hummm ...." Smile

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:35 am

beetle wrote:

You guessed it, and all I did was mention it was like his SP. I give people the benefit of doubt that they are smarter than to put 32ftlbe on a 6X1 screw. I'm not one of those dick's that point out little mistakes that other members post.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:50 am

"And I put the stick in ... I don't know ... maybe this little hole ... or that one ... hummm ...."   Smile

[/quote]
"Don't be poking around every hole" Isn't that what she said!!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:15 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
beetle wrote:

You guessed it, and all I did was mention it was like his SP. I give people the benefit of doubt that they are smarter than to put 32ftlbe on a 6X1 screw. I'm not one of those dick's that point out little mistakes that other members post.  

I didn't even see it. I tend to only open stuff there from people I know and like or stuff about CARC bikes as there is so much blithering idiocy on display I've come within a bee's dick of loosing my shit a couple of times now.

Occasionally I'll get tempted into opening something like 'Skewerman's thread and I can actually feel the veins starting to bulge in my temples! I really don't have enough life left to waste even thinking about the level of microcephalic stupidity involved not only in doing it in the first place but then going out and telling the world what you'd done and asking for help! It would be like me, who knows nothing about guns, taking one and pulling the trigger and when it didn't bo 'Bang!' Turning it around and looking down the barrel while fiddling with bits to try and find the safety catch, all the while pulling the trigger repeatedly!

Some people shouldn't own guns! Some people shouldn't be allowed a toolbox!

So someone tried to do up a 6mm screw to 32 ft/lbs?? Saints preserve us! And these people are allowed to breed!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm

WG is an interesting place, I recently got banned/blocked and my post deleted for saying I'd pass out tissues to crybabies....... I peruse to learn, sometimes contribute, but the Ghetto is where it is at.

Personally, worry about a guy who doesn't know what hole to put his wood.........
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:26 pm

I just read the skewer thread. Rolling Eyes

OMFG.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Oh how I wanted to tell him to pour gasoline in after it, throw in a match, and it would pop right out.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 am

One of my favourite Youtube channels is The Workshop. Here is a flavour of how well Matt suffers fools.
Warning only go there is you don't mind strong language and plenty of piss taking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:49 pm

allen wrote:
I live in South Carolina and my 07 GRiSO needs some work. Biggest problem is the PO monkeyed with the Sacred Screw. I have only made things worse by trying to fix after a ride where the bike began idling at 3100 RPM,and it is beyond my ability to fix it. Could someone please recommend a good mechanic in the SC/NC/GA/FL/AL area? I am willing to trailer the bike as far as needed.

It's very easy to get the bell crank too far out of line while trying to do the alignment procedure this causes the RH throttle to crank open which is then over compensated for with the air bleeds resulting in too much combined throttle.
Try backing right off the bell crank until the idle revs come down

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:30 pm

I'd refrained from joining the WG... I figured that if I want to hear from an asshole, I'll just fart!
But my diplomatic skills although limited, are pretty fucking efficient! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm

The end to this story-------

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
The end to this story-------

Steve,

What's the Paul Harvey?

Did you ever work on it?

Looks nice. No clue on pricing these days.

OP last here in January '19.

Best,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Assistance    Mechanic Assistance Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mechanic Assistance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next