GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Front brake upgrade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warwick Simpson
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Warwick Simpson

Front brake upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Front brake upgrade   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 am

Anyone done the front radial master cylinder upgrade? Might be keen to try something other than Brembo. regards Warwick
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Front brake upgrade   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 am

Nissin brand, commonly used on lot of the jap bikes such GSX-R's area are good option.
Usually cheaper than Brembo especially if you get a 2nd hand one and you can parts to overhaul them.
The best improvement with or without a radial m/cyl are a set of EBC HH pads.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Front brake upgrade   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:10 am

Several people here have gone down this route, I was going to until I realised that my hands are now so buggered and insensitive it would be wasted on me. Ten years ago I would of been all over it like a rash. Alas I'm past that point now... Crying or Very sad

Pete
Back to top Go down
Warwick Simpson
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Warwick Simpson

PostSubject: Alternative radial master cylinder   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Any body had experience with the Braking or Performance Technologies mastery cylinders? I have 2 mates with Panagalies that both have to be bled every couple of weeks so am not so keen on Brembo. Have looked at Nissan but no folding lever models. cheers warwick
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Front brake upgrade   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:30 pm

WTF? I've got an RCS 19 on my GRiSO and haven't had to bleed it. Actually, I have. I installed the RCS in July 2015. I bled it when I changed the calipers last year.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Rolling Eyes

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Front brake upgrade   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:55 am

For people on a budget Mad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Front brake upgrade   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:00 am

Warwick Simpson wrote:
Any body had experience with the Braking or Performance Technologies mastery cylinders? I have 2 mates with Panagalies that both have to be bled every couple of weeks so am not so keen on Brembo. Have looked at Nissan but no folding lever models. cheers warwick

In general, hydraulic brakes should only need bleeding when the system has been "opened up" for some reason, or when a leak has either allowed air in or allowed enough brake fluid to drain out that the master cylinder is pumping air. The "need to bleed" indicates a problem with the brakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake upgrade   Front brake upgrade Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front brake upgrade
Page 1 of 1