12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Anyone know what this is?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this is?   Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:36 am

I've been struggling to work out the gold standard level of fucktardery as well but... Well, one has to run with what one's got I suppose if your business is so shonky you can't afford to cover your own mistakes......!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Karman
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this is?   Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:05 am

The later A2 engines have a metal to metal join, with the rocker cover internal machined to accept an o ring between to two surfaces. the cover the dealer put on was for the ealier cam box which had a raised tube section (let's call it a male connection) which protruded up into, and located the (female) rocker which had an o ring in a slot inside the spark plug tube. The change was to eliminate the possibility of the rocker cover going live.

Todays update is the The workshop manager at the Rocket Centre has agreed to send photos they took to Piaggio
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this is?   Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:21 am

Do you want these fucktards touching your bike again???
Back to top Go down
Karman
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this is?   Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 am

No, they are not going near it. I want replacement rocker cover, mushrooms and gasket and a refund of the the cost of the roller kit. I do not have high hopes of this though.

Paul, I've made the rocker cover oil tight by building a barrier of silicon to replace the missing o ring. I checked to make sure silicon was squeezed out around the diameter of the spark plug tube when I replaced the rocker cover, then let the silicon set before starting the motor and pushing oil around.

The oil was kept in after the roller op by overtightening the cover, crushing the mushrooms and rubber gasket - they should be torques to something like 10nm from memory, and the mechanic had tighten as much as possible. Gradually the weep became a drip, which got faster and faster, depositing oil on my gear change toe, making it difficult to change without my toe slipping off the gear change rubber.
Back to top Go down
Karman
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this is?   Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 am

Refund now recieved on the left hand rocker cover. I'm still battling to get a refund on the roller kit.
Back to top Go down

Anyone know what this is?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: