GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I want a map that...

Go down 
+18
tsheep2
sideshowbob
Oz1200Guzzi
JohnA
Bill Dee
rustyrotor
fishbulb
rboe
Rowlrat
WCB
NorthBayGriso
DungeonMaster
Phang
Steak
wyno
Guzziboy66
Pete Roper
beetle
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

I want a map that..
Goes like stink. Who cares if it pops?
I want a map that... I_vote_lcap41%I want a map that... I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 21 ]
Has some engine braking. And a bunny.
I want a map that... I_vote_lcap8%I want a map that... I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Has bulk engine braking and no pops.
I want a map that... I_vote_lcap14%I want a map that... I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Has it all. Including the bunny.
I want a map that... I_vote_lcap37%I want a map that... I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I want a map that... Empty
PostSubject: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am

Well?

What do you pack of malcontents want?  A map that makes the GRiSO go like stink? A map that doesn't pop on the overrun? Engine braking? You want it all?

Cast thy vote.    Suspect 

PS: Decent fuel economy is a given.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Buttery smooth, pulls like a 14 year old with his first Penthouse from nothin' to 7.5, couldn't really give a shit about the very top end. Couldn't give a shit of it pops a bit on the over-run.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Yer. Sorry 'bout the bunny. There was drink involved when I posted this.

Razz 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:12 pm

I kinda like a little pop/burp with my overrun... What's a bunny?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Guzziboy66 wrote:
What's a bunny?

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Just one of the things we try to avoid running over her in Oz. The other ones are roos, wallabies and wombats.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Buttery smooth, pulls like a 14 year old with his first Penthouse from nothin' to 7.5, couldn't really give a shit about the very top end. Couldn't give a shit of it pops a bit on the over-run.

Pete

This sounds good to me.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Steak wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

This sounds good to me.

Me too, GRiSO should not purr like a pussy on the over run, it should swear a bad word or two.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:03 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

I really couldn't make up my mind but this sounds good too.
I was thinking of getting a custom license plate that says "7750".
Cuz that's where I shift.

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

I really couldn't make up my mind but this sounds good too.
I was thinking of getting a custom license plate that says "7750".
Cuz that's where I shift.

DM

I shift for meat...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:48 am

that's sounding a bit personal........
Back to top Go down
NorthBayGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
NorthBayGriso

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:49 am

I voted for lots of engine braking. I love the grumble; a bit of popping wouldn't bother me at all, but a lot might.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 am

Steak wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

This sounds good to me.

+1
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Me too not to worried about top end 60(MPH) to 110 Max gut busting torque, few pops and bangs on the overrun so what, after all I call the bike Taz seen him eat!!! Best bike for this I have had prior to GRiSO, Aprillia Falco better on road than RSV, in my opinion due to mapping riding position, lights etc.

Regards Rat
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 am

I like my bike stock, except she is a wee bit thirsty. (2012 with 03 map), I think she runs like snot now. However; after riding Chris's bike I found that his suspension is much better (fixed last night) and that my motor runs much better than his (long story, his an '09 and he has spent much time and money to improve it) but now I'm open to the idea that the 03 map could be improved on.

I expect some popping, but why not go for the Holy Grail? And bunnies are cute. Smile

But I'll take low end torque to high end speed any day.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:33 pm

rboe wrote:

But I'll take low end torque to high end speed any day.

My maps have nothing to do with increased power or top end. It's all about improving the ride on a stock bike (with maybe an aftermarket can). You'll get more bottom end grunt and linear power from idle to redline. With improved fuel economy.

IMO the '03 map was rather pedestrian and thirsty. No one can say that about my GRiSO map.  Twisted Evil 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Thu May 01, 2014 7:24 am

Music to my ears!
Back to top Go down
fishbulb
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
fishbulb

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Tue May 20, 2014 10:40 am

No abruptness rolling on from a closed throttle, everything else is secondary though some engine braking would be nice.

tod
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 12:24 pm

What Pete said. With the added tweak that on/off throttle at low revs should be vastly more progressive.
City riding, ya know.
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Old thread I know but still relevant. I'm a new to me GRiSO owner and want to find out what is possible to increase HP/TQ and or power delivery. Currently I have the stock muffler but I had the cat removed. I also removed the air filter snorkel. Please tell me what is possible to obtain with what mods. Muffler, mid pipe, intake, tunes, cams, injectors, and gizmos.

Lay it out with some details...what plus what equals of how much or how good.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:27 am

The only way to get a GRiSO to make more than a solid 100 RWHP is to take it somewhere where the special dyno will tell you you have 120 RWHP and 89 ft-lbs of torque. There's a few in Germany, and at least one in Malibu.

The best way to get more HP from a Piaggio product is to buy a Tuono.

You may think I'm being flippant. Yes, I am. It's pointless chasing big HP on a 8V. Big torque is possible. Enough to pull down small buildings. Making them make more HP makes them pretty much unrideable in the real world, and will still only net you maybe 5-6 more horses. Without the special dyno, that is.

We can help you if you are realistic.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:09 am

If it doesn’t have a Beetle map and you install one, you will be so much happier the way the bike runs that you can convince yourself you added 10hp. I have a 14 same color as yours Bill and the stock pipe. I was incredibly pleased with what the new map did just like anyone else on this site that have done the same thing, which feels like a majority of us.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Tune it, Map it, Suspend it, Enjoy it! Can't get any simpler than that!

Oh that drives the shit-eating grin...
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Consensus is that a Mistral high pipe with a matching Beetle map, proper valve adjustment and throttle balance is nirvana for the 12008v. Guaranteed a shit eaten grin, every time.
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:25 pm

Mr. Beetle I need to talk to you about details. Yes I want a Beetle map and what ever will obtain the best result. Being a trucker and Rocket III owner, TORQUE more Torque is good with me.

There is one of those overly optimistic dynos here in Idaho. The owner thinks it is the best accurate one around. NOT... His reads an easy 10 to 15 higher than the others in the area.

I am leaving for a week on a Triumph Rocket III rally ride to Utah. We are doing the 5 major National Parks down there. Be back next Sunday. Beetle can we talk about a plan when I get back ?

Bill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want a map that...   I want a map that... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I want a map that...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: