GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Norge shock worth it?

Go down 
+2
beetle
EricS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Norge shock worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 pm

I see there are a couple good condition Norge shocks on slease-bay, one from an '08 CLICKY that is very low mileage and looks new. Will the Norge shock 1) fit, and 2) offer a more compliant ride?  the eye to eye length is 12.5 in or 318mm

I don't ride that hard and the main appealing feature is the remote preload adjuster. I occasionally take a pillion and being able to twist a knob would be far easier than spinning the nuts on the tube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm

1) Yes.
2) No, No, No!

Proper dampening is the issue, covered in many threads on this forum.

A quality shock set up just for you will work exceptionally well FOR THE OCCASIONAL PILLION RIDE, with just a click or two of extra compression damping.
Works even better if your NEW shock has both hi and lo-speed compression damping adjusters.

Last edited by ghezzi on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:37 pm

If your are going to buy a used Guzzi shock, there's only one to consider.
Repeat after me: Stelvio. Stel. Vee. Oh.

Get a Stelvio shock.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 am

Stel-Ve-O Got it.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 am

thats the one Stelvio, have one on mine :-)
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 am

ghezzi wrote:
1) Yes.
2) No, No, No!

Proper dampening is the issue, covered in many threads on this forum.

A quality shock set up just for you will work exceptionally well FOR THE OCCASIONAL PILLION RIDE, with just a click or two of extra compression damping.
Works even better if your NEW shock has both hi and lo-speed compression damping adjusters.

IMHO, do yourself a favor and buy a good aftermarket shock.

For the Norge/Breva/Sport there are several options:

- Mupo (adjustable length)
- Matris (adjustable length)
- Nitron (non adjustable length)
- Wilbers (non adjustable length)

They are all more than good. Nitron and Wilbers are a little cheaper.

I went for the Mupo, set at 328mm length and I am SuperHappy on my Breva.
Used a resprung/revalved stock shock before which was already an upgrade over the stock. But the Mupo is night and day...
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:48 am

Pretty sure I'll go with a Wilbers Stelvio shock but before I pull the trigger, has anyone tried a Hagon shock? Both are in the same price range (as are used OEM Stelvio) at ~ $400 US.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:01 am

Hi Eric, not used a Hagon on the GRiSO, but had them before, they work well, like the Stevlio they have a single adjustment for rebound/compression on a fixed ratio, which works ok and you can pay a little more for the remote height aduster :-)
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

I put the Hagon's on my wife's 2014 V7 with springs matched to her (and the bike's) weight. She likes them, they're well made and they can be sourced in the USA from Dave Quinn Motorcycles in CT.

Let us know what you decide.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 pm

I have an '09 Stelvio shock (stock Guzzi) on my 2013.  Feel free to drop by and ride it.  I think it is perfect but I had to crank the preload up to max to get the sag right.  I am 225 lbs with no gear.

Front is set up softer than factory and I did not drop the front as the increased ride height from the new shock takes care of that.

DW

(edited, why did I say Norge?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norge shock worth it?   Norge shock worth it? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Norge shock worth it?
Page 1 of 1