GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Happy New Year!

Go down 
+5
NorthernProducer
Bill Hagan
EricS
Overholt13
wardentm
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 am

Best wishes to everyone for a very happy, prosperous and safe new year!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Much of the US and certainly the northeast is experiencing a "polar express" with daytime temps in the sub-teens F. Time to do some maintenance and wait for warmer weather.

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:04 pm

Bloody hell ........
It's mid thirties positive stuff here in Dubbo New South Wales Aussieland, looking for air conditioning ....
Try to stay warm over there ....
cheers
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 pm

happy new year everyone, lovely day for a ride down here in the Phoenix valley
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Overholt13 wrote:
happy new year everyone, lovely day for a ride down here in the Phoenix valley

Not sure which battle to pick - Northeast winters or southwest summers. Last time I was in Phoenix it was about 115F / 40C.

My son the physicist says it should be easier to trap heat from a source in a cold environment than loose it in a hot one. The first, he says, only requires a way to capture the radiant heat while the other requires some external cooling action (like sweating/evaporation).

Everything has it's limits tho...
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:52 pm

We sit here at 14F just now heading to 8F tonight and worse tomorrow and next few days. I am so grateful that my life did not lead to Duluth and similar climes. Kathi is from Erie, in the news of late. Yikes.

Oh, well. More Moto Grappa time. Very Happy

Bill

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm

-18 outside, wind chill-30. 65 in my shop where I am happily restoring another old bike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Yay. I'm going to Milwaukee next week. Brrr!

Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:44 am

^^^^^

Milwaukee?

Your job couldn't find duty to be done in San Diego or Honolulu or Miami or ... ?

On the bright side, at least according to the rarely right meteorologists, it should be warmer most everywhere in this part of the world next week.  Warmer, not balmy.

So, have as fine a time as you can; Milwaukee can actually be charming ... in May.  Wink

Best,

Bill
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:01 am

Happy New Year to all here....would have loved to take a spin on the GRiSO, but temps are way too low for this old body...3 degrees (F) this morning with no relief in sight for days.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
^^^^^

Milwaukee?

Your job couldn't find duty to be done in San Diego or Honolulu or Miami or ... ?

The clever locals (employees in the continental US) refuse to go in Winter. Consequently, the training centre is full of "internationals". Management here simply shrug and say "there were open slots, so we filled them". Of course there are open slots! Nobody in there right mind wants to go in January!

No

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Our training center is in Cleveland, where they get the lovely lake effect snow, comes in feet not inches. We lovingly call it, the mistake by the lake. Two week course?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Yep.

I was there a few years ago, and there was 11 feet of snow.

silent

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 pm

If it's going to be that cold and the snow that thick, you might need to take some "medicine" to drink to keep you warm.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Something will be arranged.

Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Have you got the pricks to pay for Leah to go too? Pack of bloody cheapskates!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 pm

I wouldn't submit Leah to the mid-west in Winter.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 am

wyno wrote:
If it's going to be that cold and the snow that thick, you might need to take some "medicine" to drink to keep you warm.

Might I suggest Hudson Bay 100% Corn Bourbon once you arrive? It's my favorite cold weather medicine CLICKY. If not available in Milwaukee I would also suggest Larceny or Four Roses Small Batch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year!
Page 1 of 1