GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GPS Power Plug

Go down 
+4
Bill Hagan
BB43215
beetle
Bulldog9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:26 pm

I need to reconnect my USB and cig lighter power plugs and want t plug into a switched lead. I know some Guzzi's have a plug for the tomtom mount and you can source a Mercedes foglight plug for his (I did it on my Norge) but was wondering where I can find this on teh GRiSO. I pulled the side panels off but not the tank. G+Before I go farther, am I searching in vain? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

It's hidden up under the steering head. If you pull the right wing and front cover, you should be able to find it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:13 am

Question. Can I find that on an 1100 as well or only the newer 8V models? Thanks.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:20 am

Only 8V.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 am

😒

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:36 am

beetle wrote:
Only 8V.

I note that the OP doesn't have an 8v. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:08 am

Then he won't find one either.

Razz

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Yeah I saw that as well...You have to tap in the harness with the 1100.
PITA...
Back to top Go down
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on Nunzio's mood when he was running the wiring harness in 2007/8 ....

My US-spec 2008 1100 had this plug all bundled-up and wire-tied on the right side of the steering head.
Worth checking I think. And I had to add a fuse into the missing position in the fuse box to get power. I used 3A fuse, as the wires are small-gauge, and connected to a USB outlet now.

"Lucas invented wiring problems, but Marelli perfected them"
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks all, yes, I have a 4V. I'll poke into this this weekend after a beer or two, this way I wont get frustrated ;-) I'll probably tap into something in the headlight bucket. Will report back either way. Had fun de-colostomizing the Norge this weekend, is almost ready for my 100 mile DC commute (round trip)

Added: A blaster horn thing, Auxillary LED driving light up front that can be set to pulse, really gets attention, and a bright LED light strip in the rear. This with a bit louder exhaust, and I will feel more confident, but these people are nuts....... I grew up in NYC area, and learned to ride in Queens and Brooklyn, so I'm not intimidated by crazies, I just like to have some extra bling and blang to be seen and heard a bit easier. Cant wait to get my bikes all together and start the riding season.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 am

I always connect the GPS to the park light, only on with the key but can be on without the engine.
Break the case off that silly cigarette plug and just tape it up.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Done! Picked up a couple "Posi-Tap" connectors, to tap into the small light in the headlight bucket. Drilled a small hole in the bucket just to the left of the headlight bulb, fed the wires in, and sealed with a little black RTV. Positaps are great for making good connections without cutting the harness.

Also did a blood transfusion and went over the whole bike. The only thing left to do is a Valve Adjust. I've done the 8V Norge several times when trying to cure it of its 6K rev limiter, but not the 4V. Need to look into that. ALMOST TIME TO RIDE!

Back to top Go down
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:17 am

I have a GRiSO 1100 as well and no GPS plug. How much current can we draw from the headlight? I'm thing to wire a 12V to 5V USB and heated grips from that. The USB would not draw much but the grips can pull 4-5A. Would that be too much in addition to the lights?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GPS Power Plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Power Plug   GPS Power Plug Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GPS Power Plug
Page 1 of 1