GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

LED bulbs retrofit

Go down 
+10
Richard
Gootzibird13
bjor
paulbrice
Matias
avgpetro
jlburgess
cognosticator
ITSecurity
supercoyote
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:54 am

Not sure why your Auxito bulb doesn't fit Jon, because I bought it on basis it's actually no longer than the original stock bulb (but now you mention it I'll check tomorrow because I might have selectively forgotten !)

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:30 pm

Here are the dimensions for the Auxito.

The same compared to halogen. Should fit in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:16 pm

Richard wrote:
Here are the dimensions for the Auxito.

The same compared to halogen. Should fit in.

No they don't I found out after buying one Sad

The length of the whole bulb is of no help. The critical dimension for GRiSO (&  most v7s) is from the mounting plate to the back of the terminals because the headlight shell is very shallow.
The Auxito extends 3-4mm further back than a standard H4 and that hits the back of the headlight shell.

Buellbloke carefully bent the contacts out at 90 degrees and used big female spade connectors and that should work
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:10 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:59 am

And how do these bulbs behave in terms of heat generation (the base of the bulb) and light beam projection?
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Yes, I bought one of those too and had the same problem. I found a slimmer H4 socket on ebay which fixed the problem without chopping up the bowl - H4 bulb holder
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:46 am

I have the AUXITO H4 ($20 on Amazon) and any of these drop in led bulbs are an upgrade over the stock. That said, the one Mark Tenny has in his GRiSO is better and doesn't look as "half moon" as mine. I think he has the Cyclopse but I'm not sure.

The only fitment issue was with the retaining holder thingy. I remember it taking a little persuasion but nothing major. While you are in there upgrade the parking bulb too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs retrofit   LED bulbs retrofit - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LED bulbs retrofit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2