GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Sticker Removal

Go down 
+3
sidrat
LBC Tenni
FrontRangeRider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:45 pm

What is the best way to remove all the ugly safety stickers on the tank and the canister diagram on the right side bodywork?  Is WD-40 a safe option to spray the edge of the sticker to remove the adhesive?  If not WD-40, is there another product that will get rid of the adhesive without damage?

Thanks,
Alden
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Warm them up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer before peeling. Makes it much easier. If you are left with any glue residue, keep applying light heat to it and then pull it up with a piece of fresh packing tape. Unless the stickers have been baked in the sun too much, this should lift it off cleanly with no need for a solvent.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 am

chisel them off and use a hammer for that extra effort, but dont blame me for any damage Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:56 am

Alden,
I removed mine 5 minutes after I got home when I bought my 2014. I used a hair dryer and then peeled them off. I think I used WD40 to remove any remaining glue and then cleaned it and waxed it.
Back to top Go down
jlburgess
Carlotto
Carlotto
jlburgess

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:21 am

I used the blow dryer trick with rubbing alchohol to remove residue. Worked great but I did it when the bike was new. I use the Honda plastic spray polish for clean up. Saves on washing the bike and easier than wax.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Thanks very much. I'll have a go at it tomorrow with a hair dryer.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:04 pm

+3 on the hair dryer and WD40. If that doesn't work an angle grinder is far faster and more thorough than a hammer and chisel. Also recall seeing something on Wildgoose about gasoline and matches...

I actually got after my stickers today. Also took the left fork reflector off. Didn't have to worry about the right side because it was never installed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Metho/eythanol/isopropanol can also work, but you will need to polish a coating back on when done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sticker Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticker Removal   Sticker Removal Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sticker Removal
Page 1 of 1