GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Potentially defective rear suspension bolt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

Potentially defective rear suspension bolt Empty
PostSubject: Potentially defective rear suspension bolt   Potentially defective rear suspension bolt Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 am

Over the winter I greased my rear suspension bits. Opon reassembly I broke the hex bolt that attached the double connecting rod to the swingarm housing. Thinking I made a mistake on my torque spec, I ordered a new bolt and installed it. Torqued it to 40 NM. Now 500 km into the season, I checked all my torque values again (including the top of the engine, which I rollerised over the winter). Torques were good, but I noticed the new suspension bolt has a defective look to it. The dealer is buying me a new one free of charge, and they said they would submit a service difficulty report to Piaggio. In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt if you guys and gals, checked your bolts for defects. I imagine it would be ugly if the bolt let go while riding down the freeway!
Norm.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The part number is AP8152397, item 9 on the illustration.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Potentially defective rear suspension bolt   Potentially defective rear suspension bolt Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Wow, that's not good, mine look ok, I have had it apart a bit last year for a regrease and then new shock.
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: Potentially defective rear suspension bolt   Potentially defective rear suspension bolt Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am

Received my new bolt from the dealer, and it looks exactly like the last one. No response from Piaggio. I'm just going to ride it, and not worry about it. Must just be the something in the process of making the bolt.

Regards, Norm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potentially defective rear suspension bolt   Potentially defective rear suspension bolt Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Potentially defective rear suspension bolt
Page 1 of 1