12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Wheel Spacer on both sides of front wheel?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrks_jnz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Wheel Spacer on both sides of front wheel?   Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 am

Hello GRiSO family. quick question for you all... just brought my loose wheels into a local shop to get tires replaced, and I could have swore there was a wheel spacer on both sides of the wheel. But installer claims there is only one, other side utilizes the axle. is he correct? or should there be a spacer on each side? pic shows the one side with spacer circled. other side is absent of any spacer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacer on both sides of front wheel?   Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 am

There is only 1 on the right side. On the left side, from where the axle is pushed in, the "spacer" is the end of the axle.
Back to top Go down
mrks_jnz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacer on both sides of front wheel?   Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am

whew. thanks for the reassurance.

molto benne. grazie mille
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacer on both sides of front wheel?   Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 pm

I always remove the spacer (but carry it with me in case it's asked for) when I go in for a tyre fitting.

Also watch out for your fancy dusk cap being swapped for an el cheapo version. But I'm not saying it's deliberate ......
Back to top Go down
https://guzzigander.com

Wheel Spacer on both sides of front wheel?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: