GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel leak from fuel pump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Fuel leak from fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Fuel leak from fuel pump   Fuel leak from fuel pump Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:47 pm

having a bit of a rough ride with this one! discovered a fuel leak when I unplugged the connector to the fuel pump under the tank it had gas in it and appears to be leaking down the wires into the plug itself! Anyone come across this before?

I took the pump unit out and the plug outlet isn't something that could be pulled out and re sealed etc... was thinking I might be able to use a gas resistant sealant to plug it up. Any recommendations for something that could be submerged in gas? would J-B Weld epoxy do the trick
Fuel leak from fuel pump S-l16010
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Fuel leak from fuel pump   Fuel leak from fuel pump Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 am

JB is my go to. Impervious to dam near anything. Brake clean well and blow well with compressed air. Put it on the inside and be generous.
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

PostSubject: Re: Fuel leak from fuel pump   Fuel leak from fuel pump Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:12 pm

I've had exactly the same problem.
Replaced the quick release fuel line with a brass fitting and re o-ringed the wiring line.

The removal of the electrical line is indeed a nightmare.
Getting the circlip out was very difficult, then had to punch out the electrical plug line.
Used a 3mm (1/8") pin punch. ( gently too, having said that it was very tight) Best held in a vice with soft jaws.
It was a bigger nightmare fitting it back in, shredded one of the new o-rings, got it on the second attempt after fitting another o-ring, i threw viton o-rings in ( m10 x 2mm, times 2)
Liberally apply lube to aid fitting, you wont get it in otherwise & take your time.

Appears to have worked so far but actually firing it up and riding it may yield a different result.

Thanks for the pic of the plug.....removing the pins was tricky and i didn't write down the sequence for the plug.

That's all i've got on the subject.
Back to top Go down

Fuel leak from fuel pump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: