GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I love this bike so much

Go down 
+16
usedtobefast
MrGPz
Pete Roper
anguscameron1966
il Postino
motor-timothy
Rushjob
yrunvs
cognosticator
GreggF
GHTE
sidrat
Street
wardentm
beetle
GuZeee
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

I love this bike so much - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Just rode my new-to-me 1200SE 8V from El Paso back home to Connecticut. 4 days, ~2,000 miles. So much fun and perfect weather the whole time Smile. Super lucky![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:26 pm

What a good 1st ride! Congratulations! Ride it far, ride it safe.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Awesome! That's cred worthy.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Nice. What year and is it rollerised?
Back to top Go down
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:08 am

Thanks everyone! You know Pete, I’m not sure, it might be - it’s a 2012, and the giant dealership in El Paso has a good rep (although that’s not where I got her). If anyone is passing through El Paso stop in and say hi to Christian from Moto Sage, which is where I found her.

Don’t I just need to take the VIN to the Guzzi dealership and they can look up if the tappets are flat or rollered from new or fixed under warranty? I know once I pull the heads I can see but I don’t think she’s ready for a valve job just yet. Oh yeah, get this, it only has 12k miles on it now, 2k of which are from me
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:11 am

Sadly no. If you take the bike to an 'Official ' dealer they will likely, (If they can be bothered.) check on the Piaggio website and will tell you there are 'No outstanding recalls'.

This is because there has never been a recall. It was Piaggio's way of snitching out of responsibility.

Pull a rocker cover. You need to remove the 'Wing, and then pry up the plug lead by inserting a long, thin, screwdriver through the cooling tunnel at the front of the cylinder just above the exhaust. After this undo the four bolts holding the rocker cover and lift it off.

Take a picture of the end of the rockers towards the middle of the bike and post it up or just send it to me direct. (motomoda.roper@gmail.com) and I'll tell you if it's flat or roller.

If it's a flattie it needs fixing. No matter what your dealer or any other shop may tell you.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:41 pm

OK thanks, I didn’t know they (dealers) wouldn’t know. I knew about the issues, of course from mostly reading here and GT and WildGuzzi etc over the past few years (I have a V7 cafe classic also) but now I am wondering if I just got supremely lucky (if they are done) or extraordinarily lucky (they’re flat, and I made it 2k miles home w/o an issue with flat tappets!). I will have to schedule this for a week or so out, as I have to pull off the Stucchi bash guards first, and that doesn’t look like fun. At least there aren’t any leaks as she sits parked up in the garage recovering from the four day flogging!
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Ever been to Lime Rock? If I see you there I can tell you if your bike has rollers.

I had the Stucchi guards and they only interfere on one side. You can check for rollers in 5 minutes using a 4mm allen wrench (wing X 3) and a 5 mm (valve cover X 4) and whatever that little one is that holds on the plug cover.

Back to top Go down
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Hey I have not been to Lime Rock. I’m kind of new in the State anyway so hadn’t been. Unfortunately for the 20th, my son is turning. 16 so we will be busy with Birthday shenanigans. But for sure, I have to get out there.

I’m going to try to get her on the road Sunday, looks like nice Wx and tomorrow is wife’s B-day so that’s shot for a ride. We should meet up soon though, I would love to get her on the track even for just a try.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:16 am

It's not a track day, just a rally that will be swarmed with Harleys. We Guzzisti will be there in small numbers. If you are on Facebook look up the Moto Guzzi New England group. You are fortunate to be near Hamlin Cycles, an actual Moto Guzzi dealer that knows what they are doing!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 pm

That's a really nice color. Did you happen to take note of your fuel economy?

I've got a rollered 2011 and I'm curious what you may have gotten for mpg.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love this bike so much   I love this bike so much - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I love this bike so much
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2