GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Empty
PostSubject: Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags   Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Looking to get a tail bag or pair of saddlebags, what are the best known configurations for a 2017 GRiSO? That is, the bags + proper harness/bolts/etc? Preferably a single link to buy and get shipped.

Also if anyone knows an American Guzzi shop willing to ship/sell to Northern California, I hear the OEM bags are good but pricey?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags   Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Tho original bags are pricey and I'd question their 'Goodness'. I have them, they're OK but not really waterproof, even with the covers and aren't very capacious. TLM in Holland have them in stock and ship quickly. If you insist on the US try AF1 in Austin TX.

Lots of options out there, the HB's are popular.

Pete
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags   Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:38 am

I have the Hepco Becker C Bow side and rear rack.  On the rack I put a mount for a Givi monokey trunk. HB makes a trunk to go on their rack, but I already have 3 Givi trunks and didn't want to spend the money for the tail trunk. I can easily remove the Givi rack should I want to go with the HB trunk

I got the racks from    https://www.motomachines.com/

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags   Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks gents,

so basically I need to buy:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and then a HB bag as well? How much looking at altogether, like $500? Kinda pricy for bars and bags.

EDIT: So ya, looks like will get H&B C-Bow mount bags, anyone know the best price for everything for a USA based purchase?
Back to top Go down
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags   Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Got the HB mounts and bags, super impressed. Mounts were a bit confusing to instal but figured it out eventually.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags   Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:34 pm

It might be worth looking at the Ventura rack which is simple to fit and even better, is easy to remove when you get home from a trip e.g. 5 mins.
It has number of configurations which can be fitted as well as a few selections of bags and rack fittings that can be chosen. One big advantage is that if you are travelling alone the bag can be reversed on the rack and sit on the pillion seat leaving the rear section of the rack available to carry other items such as a tent or another bag. This stuff is robust and well made by our Kiwi friends, I have tested it in extreme conditions and crashes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can also fit the H&B bags with the rack in place by simply buying 4 longer hi-tensile bolts from your local bolt supplier, both use the same mounting points on the frame and you don't need to drill holes for either.
These are older versions of the bags, the current Ventura bags are much more stylish.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags   Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Latest known best status for tail & saddle bags
Page 1 of 1