12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

LED Strobe Brake Light

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zebraranger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
zebraranger

PostSubject: LED Strobe Brake Light   Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Because I do a lot of urban riding in some of the country's craziest traffic, I started installing these TIR3 Watt 4 LED strobe brake lights on my bikes back in 2013 as an additional high visibility brake light. They work well, I haven't been rear ended yet. I finally got around to taking a video of one on the GRiSO and thought I'd post it for those who might be interested. The 2nd video is of one that I installed in 2014 on my Triumph Trophy. They are of a very high quality, made of a steel or aluminum waterproof housing with thick glass lenses. The one I installed on the GRiSO was purchased in 2013 and taken off of one of my previous bikes, so they hold up well. The Triumph video shows day and night comparison.

GRiSO Video

Triumph Video

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm

That looks cool...so is that connected with a separate controller or spliced into the existing rear brake light?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Good on you ZR. It's a shame we need to draw attention to ourselves, for the great unwashed (tin top drivers, whose focus, if you are lucky is the end of their own vehicle - generally it's on their phone). Ban cars I say.
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:15 am

PJPR01 wrote:
That looks cool...so is that connected with a separate controller or spliced into the existing rear brake light?

No controller needed, simple two wire hookup spliced into the existing brake light wiring in the tail section, 2nd wire is a ground wire. There's a 3rd wire that when touching to the power wire it changes the strobe pattern. So I hooked up an inline switch so that I can change the pattern at the push of a button that's hidden under the seat. The cost is under $25.00 and they are available here on Amazon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . If anyone orders one, make sure that you select the RED, they're available in different colors.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:46 am

Looks good! Any pictures of how you mounted it and the wiring configuration with the switch you used?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:23 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down

LED Strobe Brake Light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-