GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO caught in a blind spot

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

GRiSO caught in a blind spot Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:10 am

Had an unfortunate accident yesterday while riding home. A young lady swerved into my lane and did not see me in her blind spot. Tried to brake but she was too close. Impact occurred and took me down with the bike sliding on the pavement a few feet. Lucky I was wearing a good jacket etc. Nothing broken bone wise but pretty banged up and stiff. Will need a new helmet for sure. The bike looks great for the severity of the fall. The kickstand was lightly damage, Clutch pedal tore loose, minor exhaust scrape and the left cylinder head cover was scraped. A little oil shot out from under the cylinder head cover that impacted the ground but no sustained leak elsewhere and none coming out from that area afterwards. Engine started and sounded great as though nothing happened but I am no mechanic. Damage will be assessed in the coming week I guess.

I would have been a lot worse if I didn't have good upper protection so simply as a reminder to all, please consider wearing your gear if you have it. It saved my arse!

Ed
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:43 am

Was the young lady insured? Did she bother stopping?

Cosmetic crap can be expensive. Make sure you claim everything!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:58 am

Sorry to hear about that, what a bummer.

Has your valve cover maintained its integrity? Look very closely as I am not sure how any oil could squirt out unless a "port" was created during the ground impact.

Anyway, glad you are OK and hopefully your GRiSO will be back in order shortly.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 am

Hey Pete,

Yes, the woman was / is insured thank god and she did stop and was as helpful as she could be. No arguing over how it happened. She was more concerned about me and drove me home a good distance after the bike was hauled off. I will report everything I know to be damaged or lost. If the insurance co. feels they have to write this bike off given the still fine / like new condition it still looks like it is in (outside of damaged parts I mentioned) I will be right irritated. All the fairings and green stuff, bars, carc, rims...... etc. look perfect. I am quite amazed at that! Maybe just got lucky the way the bike hit the pavement.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks Steak -

I know about your previous accident and am glad you are ok too! This was not as bad. I'm just glad I am not more seriously hurt.  Re. your comment, there was a good scrape which removed some of the top layer of silver plastic. Pavement ate it away. It did not look as the the black cylinder metal came into contact with the ground. I don't recall seeing any scraping of the actual cylinder. It may have caused a gap to open up but could not tell at the time. Some oil looked like it had seeped out from beneath the head cover screws which still looked like they were seated fine and maybe along the bottom ridge of the cover so maybe it did lose some integrity there and warped a bit.

Ed

Last edited by 1151 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:17 am

I had a similar incident occur when I owned a GSX750R, bike looked fine, I even rode it home and then to the dealer for inspection.

The person that hit me, said that they would pay for the repairs without going through their insurance company as damaged was quite minor, that all changed after they received the quote $6500.

Like Pete said, claim for everything.

Stephen
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:22 am

Damn - that is a hefty quote for what otherwise seemed ok I guess - will do and thanks again all. Will post an update with the bike when I get final word.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:29 am

This may be naive on my part but this is the first accident I have been in with a new bike still under warranty. If the bike is repaired fully under her provincial insurance, am I correct in assuming that the remaining MG warranty which expires in Oct. is already toast? I am assuming so. Will speak with the dealer I purchased it from about this.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:18 am

Bad news, but good news your ok and there insured claim away, that's what insurance is for.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:55 pm

1151 wrote:
This may be naive on my part but this is the first accident I have been in with a new bike still under warranty. If the bike is repaired fully under her provincial insurance, am I correct in assuming that the remaining MG warranty which expires in Oct. is already toast? I am assuming so. Will speak with the dealer I purchased it from about this.

As far as I know, your warranty will still be intact. But what do I know?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Presumably, if the dealer does the repair work, warranty continuation should not be an issue. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO caught in a blind spot   GRiSO caught in a blind spot Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO caught in a blind spot
Page 1 of 1