GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Help replacing rear brake pedal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gselvo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
gselvo

Help replacing rear brake pedal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help replacing rear brake pedal   Help replacing rear brake pedal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:21 pm

I've been riding the bike with the bent liver for quite a while I think, maybe a couple of years. I don't think that the bolt holding it on is going to be a problem. Also to the extent that the lever was injured due to falling over or hitting something, the annealing process actually fixes that injury in the sense that it realigns the molecules in the aluminum the way they were supposed to be at the outset. I definitely will be watching for a broken rear brake lever though and hope it doesn't happen
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Help replacing rear brake pedal   Help replacing rear brake pedal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:26 am

Well, if I were you, I'd still obtain a spare and toss it in your tool bag. I'm pretty sure that it is a sintered metal part and designed to be a breakaway to save the much more expensive pork chop...

When it does snap on you, it'll likely be at an inconvenient time and place. Besides, it's a cheap part.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
RedMogAndy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Help replacing rear brake pedal   Help replacing rear brake pedal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:00 am

Yes, definitely change that bolt - I had the one on the shifter side go (it's the same part) leaving the inexpensive steel remains in the rather expensive but thankfully available pork chop.
I think the bending of the lever must weaken the bolt and it is then just a question of time before it breaks off.

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help replacing rear brake pedal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: