GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Corbin Seat distributor in Europe

Go down 
+2
ecs
Richard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Empty
PostSubject: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:37 am

Asked Corbin Germany what would be the price for a seat for my GRiSO but re-using a used GRiSO seat I have in my garage.

They answered nicely that this was not possible because they use their own seat design etc. and they have a special offer for me.

699 € (VAT included) + 35€ shipping and 12 weeks delivery  What a Face

What a bargain  clown

There is also a distributor in the UK but taking into consideration the delivery time vs. the Brexit, I am afraid it won't help  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 am

They sure sting you overseas.

I would use a service called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You register on there and they provide you with a unique shipping address to their warehouse in Oregon (no sales tax). When it arrives there from Corbin (it will come just south from their factory in California), Comgateway will send you an email with a shipping cost to France and they will on ship to you. Have used it for quite a few years without a problem to send packages to Australia from here.

The seat look to be EUR436 if you did it that way plus shipping to Oregon then onto France.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:36 am

Thanks for the advise ecs. I'll look onto this  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:28 am

Richard wrote:
Thanks for the advise ecs. I'll look onto this  Thumbs Up

BUMP just awakening this thread.  ecs did you order your seat via comgateway?

Corbin Europe (UK) quoting £756 inc VAT for their Gunfighter Shocked
I spoke to their UK office, who state, the cost difference was purely due to increased (Covid) carriage costs from US. WTF! 😡
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:44 am

At first sight it's very interesting but you have to add import tax and custom clearance which make the deal less advantageous.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:29 pm

Calling any Corbin owners in UK cheers

I’d like to find a Corbin clad GRiSO in the North of England or North Wales, who could meet up to show off his seat & allow me to compare to see what I should order. It’s a lot of money to get it wrong, can’t exactly send it back to be tweaked 🤣

Bob
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:47 am

5-weeks ago I bit the bullet and ordered a Corbin direct from the USA via eBay for $561 + £101.40 post ($141).  IT HAS ARRIVED Very Happy

First of all a winge:  The price crept up, about what I first thought. Import duty into UK was about 3.5% of the combined price of seat + post. VAT next @ 20% on the combined price, plus vat on the import duty WTF!! Double taxes 😡.  The final hidden kicker came from PayPal, who use their own exchange rate, and adds an extra 5% to the final price. Not huge, but it niggles. 

• My final UK price came to £660. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Corbin on the bike to follow…. 

Bob
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm

I love my Corbin seat and the cost helped me with other purchases. Now I can say "well you bought a seat for $600 so this ____________ seems perfectly reasonable"[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:02 pm

guzziownr wrote:
I love my Corbin seat and the cost helped me with other purchases. Now I can say "well you bought a seat for $600 so this ____________ seems perfectly reasonable"

I don’t understand your cost - purchases comment. 

Love your photo, where is that?

Bob
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:50 pm

I was making a joke about justifying the cost of motorcycle add-ons. Picture was taken in Harriman State Park. 60 miles North of New York City. Here is my 2013 with a custom seat made locally next to my 2007 with the Shawanagunk ridge in the background. 20 miles further North of Harriman.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:16 pm

£660? Shocked

Get fucked! Really? That's nearly $1300 Pissy Australian dollars! That makes the piddling $550 (shipped) I paid for mine seem like the bargain of the century!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Pacific Pesos, Mark, Pacific Pesos!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:15 pm

Pacific Peso = PP = Pissing.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat distributor in Europe   Corbin Seat distributor in Europe Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Corbin Seat distributor in Europe
Page 1 of 1