GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Help with Corbin seat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackstraw
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Jackstraw

Help with Corbin seat Empty
PostSubject: Help with Corbin seat   Help with Corbin seat Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:24 am

Getting the infamous black condom in next week from Harper's to maybe fix an oil leak and want to take the tank off. For the life of me, I can't get my Corbin off now!!! I've tried wiggling, hitting, pulling, pushing and it seems like it's stuck on the latch. I've always had issues getting the damn thing off before but eventually it gave in to my will...not anymore. Any ideas?

I honestly can't stand the saddle and if anyone wants it, if I get it off, I'd be more than willing to part with the effin thing.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Help with Corbin seat   Help with Corbin seat Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 am

If the worst comes to the worst you can probably loosen the tailpiece enough to get to the latch mechanism but usually persistence works. Try leaning down hard on the back of the seat above the latch before turning the key and then jerking the back of the seat upwards.

Pete
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Help with Corbin seat   Help with Corbin seat Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I've had the same issue with mine. As pete says, you need to preload the rear of the seat while turning the key, try a couple of hard thumps with the palm of your hand. The latch is like a trigger mechanism, once you get it off, you can remove the bullet / lock pin with an 11mm open end spanner and add a washer to relieve the pressure needed. Lube everything, a little grease on the sliding bits helps Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Help with Corbin seat   Help with Corbin seat Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Yup, had to add a washer to mine.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Help with Corbin seat   Help with Corbin seat Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:57 am

When I got my Corbin a few months ago I had the same problem. I had to put a long screwdriver in the back where the latch is, and using some leverage it came off. I came to realize the metal part that goes into the bike wasn't going straight in but at an angle. I took a big hammer and by tapping the metal tab in a direction to make it come down straight. Mine now comes off like it should
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Jackstraw
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Jackstraw

PostSubject: Re: Help with Corbin seat   Help with Corbin seat Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Well, I've loosened up the tail section and tried prying it out but no luck yet. I've hit it every direction, put all of my 210 pounds on it and still won't budge. It unlatches a bit but it's catching on something. I'm about at my wits end with this thing! I paid almost $500 for this thing and the last thing I want to do is destroy it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Corbin seat   Help with Corbin seat Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Help with Corbin seat
Page 1 of 1