GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Patience - Get What You Pay For

Go down 
+17
Pete Roper
beetle
Grisonut
Merl3noir
pauldaytona
DaSwami
Mbeach
FrontRangeRider
Rushjob
Bulldog9
GHTE
tvboy
usedtobefast
Richard
anguscameron1966
cognosticator
ecs
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Patience - Get What You Pay For Empty
PostSubject: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Recently bought a 2017 GRiSO from the Vegas dealer.  Was a great price but expect it to take a lot more time if buying from interstate.  In case anyone else doing it, here is how it went down and some things to consider/check.

Was not too worried about haggling since the list price was $6K cheaper than a dealer around 100 mile away (they had a list of $13,995 on two 17 red devil's a month ago when I called them they did not seem interested in dropping it but I look now and they are both $9,995 - i would have pulled the trigger at that price knowing what I do now).

Vegas Bike
Bike             - $7,915
Mfr Freight   - $595
Dealer Prep  - $600
Title/Rego    - $9.95
Doc Fees      - $369
Total            ~$9,490

I have to still pay a Florida Use Tax of ~$570 when I am able to title it and registration will be a few hundred I guess.

After I paid a $1,000 deposit to the salesman on a credit card to hold the bike, the money guy emailed me the next day and he sent me an unsigned Bill of Sale with the outstanding balance.  I paid that balance the next day.

They organized the shipping with Haul Bikes for $695 Vegas to Florida but required full insurance on it from me before they would order the shipping.  After a few days, Haul Bikes sent an email and in the small print was that they were fully insured but any damage was subject to a $500 deductible payable by me...  pig  Took 18 days to arrive which is better than their up to 30 day estimate.  Haul Bikes deliver in a 80 foot semi and will not deliver to gated estates or hard to get to places so I took delivery blocking a lane on the nearby main road late afternoon. Danger money for the driver due to several people who nearly ran up his rear looking at their cell phones. Consider getting your own shipper.

The bike arrived with no paperwork other than the blank warranty book and the owner's manual.  I expected a signed Bill of Sale showing balance paid in full and a temp tag.  I called them for the Bill of Sale and they just attached an electronic signature onto the original bill of sale but still showing a balance owing - I just marked it up as paid in full and signed it. The Pre Delivery Inspection section of the warranty book was blank but they said it was done and in the Guzzi database so not an issue. For the temp tag, after I asked, they ended up emailing me a scan of the pink Nevada DMV Special Drive Away Permit which you fill out yourself and is valid for 15 days.  I have asked them to mail me an original as I am something filled out by me is probably not quite legal otherwise I could just keep on printing them. So actually still not able to ride the bike legally.

The bike does not have a Nevada Title and it will take up to 60 days to receive a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) so that I can title and register it.  It has been 23 days since I paid in full and I guess I will see the paperwork sometime in the next 37 days...

All in all, am very happy, got a good price.  Cannot ride it yet but I got what I paid for and the savings will cost me time.  This is my third brand new Guzzi and looking forward to resolving all the initial niggles... eventually.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Congrats, hope you get to ride her soon. What's with all the shrink wrap on the back?
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:58 pm

anguscameron1966 wrote:
Congrats, hope you get to ride her soon. What's with all the shrink wrap on the back?

The warranty book and user manual were underneath it. That was how it came off the truck.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:57 am

Congratulations  cheers
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:45 am

So Nevada guys would bolt on a tag from another bike and ride as much as they wanted. Smile

Odd the MCO isn't already at the dealer. I've bought a few out of state new bikes (non MG) and drove away on the bike with the MCO in my pocket that I could take to the DMV when home. Done this like 4 times, one of them being from Nevada (a Ducati). Make them do something for that $369 doc fee!

Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:15 am

usedtobefast wrote:
So Nevada guys would bolt on a tag from another bike and ride as much as they wanted.  Smile

Odd the MCO isn't already at the dealer.  I've bought a few out of state new bikes (non MG) and drove away on the bike with the MCO in my pocket that I could take to the DMV when home.  Done this like 4 times, one of them being from Nevada (a Ducati).  Make them do something for that $369 doc fee!  

Hopefully they send the original of that pink temp tag soon - the sheriff that lives next to me said that he probably wouldn't accept a printout of it but then again he also said that they rarely pull over motorcycles because they just don't stop.  I have my old Norge tag but too much to lose riding unlawfully and therefore uninsured.

Reading the fine print below, they say they have 60 days to provide a MSO [Manufacturers Statement of Origin) so not much I can do. He pretty well said that he has my signature acknowledging it and that it is the way it is.  The last bike I bought interstate came with a 30 day Ohio temp tag and the paperwork showed up within 30 days and this wasn't a problem.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:13 pm

FWIW, I had my '11 shipped from the seller's private residence in Pittsburg, PA. to my doorstep via Motorcycle Shippers.com It was really straight forward. Cost me about $750 and included full insurance with no deductable as I recall.
Shipped across country to Portland in a semi and transferred to a straight truck to get to my driveway.
I didn't have to work with a dealer so that's different.
The schedule at that time got it to me in about two weeks. YMMV
The only catch in my case was the delivery guys started to unload a red Honda Goldwing instead of my Green MG. When I ask about it they seemed a little confused. I insisted on the green MG and they unloaded it. All in all it went well. I'd do it again if needed.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:34 pm

What a load of bollocks having to go through such time and cash consuming efforts to to get your ride home and plated. I praise you for your patience and lack of rant on this page. Wish you all the best when you finally get on road.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:42 am

It reminds me Terry Gilliam movie Brazil  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:47 am

Richard_HdS wrote:
It reminds me Terry Gilliam movie Brazil  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing  I have not seen that before.

When asked, he said I sent the paperwork upstairs so this is probably exactly what happened.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:00 pm

Congrats on the GRiSO! Too bad the dealer is a putz........ AFAIK, the manufacturers Certificate of Origin should come with EVERY bike. Have only bought 1 new motorcycle (most recent was this past July)  and 2 cars which I registered out of state of sale and each one came WITH the manufacturers Certificate of Origin, correct bill of sale and odometer statement. Took it all to my DMV and had my plate same day.

Take your time, break it in right, get that suspension dialed in for you and ENJOY!  Planning a GRiSO day on Saturday...... Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. 49 days since I paid in full and no MCO yet. I called them tonight and they are going to get back to me next week with a status. I can only surmise they are getting the MCO from Italy -- or they lost the paperwork. The guy who did the paperwork no longer works there so that might say something.
The internet sales manager said they have sold all the '17s except one black and silver one so must be others in the same boat if from interstate. Life is good, can't get too worked up about it.
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Had a thought about why this MCO is so long in coming.

When did the GRiSO production line stop? This engine # is 015347 and the 10th VIN digit is H. I wonder if these are unsold stock from Europe and their original MCO were in German or Polish or something?? They imported them but the original MCO were in the wrong lingo? Might explain why the fineprint contained the 60 days to get an MCO.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 am

Bought mine from their Reno location. Worse bike acquesition in 53 years/66 bikes. Similar OTD price was similar & I knew they (Eurosports 3 locations) have high add ons & hourly rate but given the GRiSO price, ok.
Bike was to be delivered "mon/tues." Thursday on my way to Reno (40 miles away) to inquire "what's up?" I get a phone call that it's in front of my house. When I get there, the bike still on the trailer I see that it's as dirty & smeared as when I test rode it. The tattered wheel decals that I had noticed & had asked to be temoved before delivery where still on it & the muffler had a blemish. I rejected delivery. The nexr day's delvery provided a washed bike with 1 tattered decal still on the bike, ""the blemished muffler is on order" & approx 1 gal of gas in the tank.
I also had encouraged another local to check out their GRiSO selection & consider one. He did & did. I was told I'd receive a $100 referral stipend.
Here, 3/22, two months later no check, no unblemmished muffler. Mike, a trustworthy tech & Timorhy their new service mgr, who I both like & trust warranteed a cam position tensioner last week.
I was told that the muffler still needed to be warranteed. What happened in January?
The Reno location mgr & new finance mgr is fm the auto industry. The parts petson is indifferent.
They've recently hired two ladies to sit @ desks to handle internet sales.
There are exceptions but is Eurosports the new motorcycle dealer? They sell'em but don't understand'em, why we ride and most of all "The Code?."
I think the experienced m/cyclist that notices & questions irregularities will be regarded as a PITA customer (not rider.)
The "good ole days" & older dealers weren't all good but is it just me or are there fundamental do's & don'ts?

PS -4 of Reno's new Grisos had the same muffler blemish & tattered wheel decals. Where'd the bikes cone from?
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:27 pm

I had a different experience. I bought my GRiSO last year from AF1 Racing and the MCO came in the paperwork with the bike. Or it was FedExed to me while the bike was in transit. I don't remember but I know I could have gone to the DMV to register the bike almost immediately. The bike came with a temp tag that allowed me to ride it for a month or two without having to register it so did that. But I could have registered it immediately (more or less) upon receipt.
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:05 pm

66 - you have had some bikes - I am at 4 in my mid forties and hope to stay at 4 for quite a while.

Mine was pretty clean when it arrived with a near empty tank. I hear you on the manky muffer - has some sort of jizz on it that does not polish out easily but no dings - but I have the Termi on it now anyway.

Had not noticed the bloody wheel decals until you mentioned it, 3 of them are fine but one the front right has a rip on the end showing some white but will take them off now anyway - look like car dealer stickers.

This is the second US bike I have purchased interstate and the first was flawless. This one - not so much but I saved at least $5K over the Tampa shop so hence the title of the thread.

So yours came titled? What the heck is up with mine?
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:07 pm

FrontRangeRider wrote:
I had a different experience.  I bought my GRiSO last year from AF1 Racing and the MCO came in the paperwork with the bike.  Or it was FedExed to me while the bike was in transit.  I don't remember but I know I could have gone to the DMV to register the bike almost immediately.  The bike came with a temp tag that allowed me to ride it for a month or two without having to register it so did that.  But I could have registered it immediately (more or less) upon receipt.  

My one from Ohio was just like that - 30 day temp tag supplied. This one - no temp tag - had my money I guess.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Mitch, in Reno is the new finance person. Even though a car background he seems nice, interested & willing to listen. I was his 1st deal & I left with the DMV form in hand. At 1 point he'd had enough crap & pushed back. A Vegas guy fired him then called him 3 days later, apologized, took him to dinner & hired him back. Reno is micro managed fm Vegas.
Bought a '18 T120 (still have & set up for long runs), an MGX21, an'18 V7III & now the GRiSO all in 2 1/2 years. (Only have the T120 & GRiSO now.
Hopefully they'll improve.
Back to top Go down
Mbeach
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Mbeach

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:43 am

It sounds like I dodged a bullet with that place last year.

I was working overseas, and bought a 2017 black devil from the dealer in San Diego. I almost went with the Vegas dealer instead, as their price was slightly lower, and they are the closest dealer to me (we lost our MG dealer in SLC a few years ago.)
After some conversation with the San Diego dealership, I decided that they would be my best option, as they would arrange storage and shipment.
I bought the bike for $10,990. They stored it for 4 months, then they delivered it to my house 750 miles away, all for free. What I paid is all I paid, less local taxes. I was riding legally the next day, as all paperwork was delivered with the bike.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:06 pm

You dod indeed Mbeach. You did indeed
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:02 am

Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle just got delivered to the house.  It is dated 12/18/2018 on front so mystified why it took so long.  My name is typed on the back as purchaser and an odometer reading from Feb 9th. Appointment to get it titled tomorrow.

Last edited by ecs on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Good. They are not fast administrativly for sure. Turn the units & catch up one day. Good luck @ the DMV. You need an apt? In Fallon, Nv (my closest DMV, 20 miles away) ya walk in & take a number.
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:30 am

Yes, an appointment is necessary here unless you want to walk in and wait 4 or 5 hours. There are a lot of new immigrants in Orlando and the DMV waiting room is usually pretty full all day.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am

Grew up in Fl. Dunedin, Winter Haven, Orlando, Titusville, Coast Guard in Miami & Ft Lauderdale. Stil have a good friend in Orlando with 390,00 on an '84 R100RT & a couple other bikes. He tells me about taking 45-60 min to go 6 miles.
I remember when W Disney walked the palmettos deciding on where to put Disney World.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patience - Get What You Pay For   Patience - Get What You Pay For Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Patience - Get What You Pay For
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: