GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...

Go down 
+8
sgw01
cytocycle
Oca
Chriso
beetle
Pete Roper
Steak
rboe
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Empty
PostSubject: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:14 pm

I used to be 6-2 but an accident shortend me up a bit. 36" inseam. Stock the GRiSO is a poor fit so I've added the ROX bar risers and the Knight 1" dropped pegs. Both were a huge help.

I will drag a boot toe on slow speed corners in town, and once on a twisty bit on the Bartlett Lake road.

Currently I"m looking at seat options as that is a poor fit for my skinny arse. A buddy has a Russell Day Long and while a bit on the tall side seems quite nice. Another buddy has a Corbin gunfighter; less so. Considering a Laam, but he is not a good communicator via email. :p

In some ways I'd be happier with the Stelvio but as I age I want to go lighter in my bikes. The Stelvio is in the wrong direction; doubly so as the weight is fairly high up making a pickup difficult because of the extended moment arm.

Stock, the suspension is not so good but it's tunable. So is a piano and I know as much about tuning pianos as I do motorcycles so I went to a great guy recommended by a fellow GRiSO owner and that has transformed the bike. Working the mappings has been icing on the cake. Classic case of you don't know what you don't know. The GRiSO has gone from a bike on the verge of being sold off to one I'd like tour on. Smile

I also have a CB1100 which scratches different itches. In many ways I like better than the GRiSO, but for the open road the GRiSO wins hands down. I do prefer the CB1100 for in town riding. I had to get dropped pegs for it too, which has really made it nice bike to sit on.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:34 pm

If you get a Day Long saddle, DO NOT post any pictures here. It will make grown men cry.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:50 pm

I have a 'Day Long' I bought from a bloke in the US mainly because I thort it might work well for longer trips but also because it is so gloriously butt-ugly! It never gets used as it doesn't suit my arse. Would you like to try it?

Pete
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:41 pm

They do look like a pregnant slug has adopted your bike.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Don't do it!

You'll be the butt of all jokes!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! I cracks me up.

sigh

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Hmm, a nice bum cup from Pete. How could I refuse? I could think of several ways, but then again, if I never take a photo of it........ How much?
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Pete, send me some pics, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Smile
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:19 pm

What's Roper's expression? Uglier than a bag of farty assholes???

Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Well then, I could beat Chris in the ugly seat contest! affraid 
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Oh lordy....... How will you give me to take that off your hands?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:37 pm

I want to shoot the miserable bastard who commissioned that monstrosity in the first place.

Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:39 pm

The poor OP just got his thread hijacked! Sorry!

One of the Not-A-Rally guys from Vegas said that when he buys a new bike, a Russell Day Long is included in the purchase budget. He is very big into Iron Butt rides and swears by them. I'm not, but I'd like a comfortable bum.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Ahhhh! My eyes! My eyes!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Chriso
Carlotto
Carlotto
Chriso

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Personally, I love the bill Bill Mayer Saddle.. ...besides that, beauty is just a light switch away...
Back to top Go down
http://prolistingmedia.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:21 pm

rboe wrote:
Oh lordy....... How will you give me to take that off your hands?  Laughing 

So are you interested or not? We've established its horrid on the eyes but it is comfy.

Pete
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Yes. I'm a wee bit concerned about shipping costs and such. What do you have to get for it?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:19 pm

I don't, I expect to take a bath. I think I paid $300 for it but I'll take two plus shipping. Normal post will be cheapest. I'll need to find a box.

Pete
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Sold.
PM me, we can noodle out the payment method, shipping address and all that stuff.

And thank you!
Back to top Go down
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Rboe, you are a braver man than I. But then again you live in AZ. The seat is better looking than your governor. Smile
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:26 am

I love the ghetto.

Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:27 am

More useful than our governor too.......
Back to top Go down
Chriso
Carlotto
Carlotto
Chriso

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:46 am

rboe, you got yourself a chick-magnet - It is indeed a presidential seat... 
Back to top Go down
http://prolistingmedia.com
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:14 am

Do I sense a bit of seat envy?  geek 
Back to top Go down
cytocycle
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cytocycle

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:56 am

I think I just threw up in my mouth..
I guess that will be the last GRiSO Get together photo in Arizona...
Ron you need a rear rack to carry your stock seat and a black duffle bag so you can remove that ugly thing when you stop and swap it back to the stock seat.

Looking at it there is no doubt it will be comfortable as it looks like a Barcalounger chair
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...   rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

rboe's perch on the precipice of oblivion...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: