GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Empty
PostSubject: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Went for a two hour ride today.  When I got home and shut the bike off, I noticed a noise coming from the area of the right throttle body.  Kind of a humming/ buzzing.  I tried to localize the sound but could not find it exactly.  I pulled all the fuses, the noise continued so it is not being fed by electrical power.  Any ideas what the noise could be?  I have never heard this before when I shut the bike off in my garage.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 pm

You trapped a bee? Basketball
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm

I wish. LOL
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:38 pm

Pulling all the fuses does not remove all power.  For instance, your alternator output remains connected.

Try lifting the cables to one of battery terminals.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks.  I'll give that a shot tomorrow.  I was going to do that today but ran out of time. What circuits would be energized with all the fuses pulled? I checked my owner's manual and it looked like pretty much everything would be denied power with the fuses pulled.

Last edited by FrontRangeRider on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Chances are it's the blue/orange check valve for the USA evap system (especially after a ride with a warm tank of fuel, it will "buzz" noticeably).
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 pm

I saw the blue check valve but did not think to check to see if the sound was coming from there.  And buzzing is a good way to describe the noise. It was not overly warm today but given the spirited ride today, the tank of fuel may have been plenty warm.  Smile
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:51 pm

FrontRangeRider wrote:
What circuits would be energized with all the fuses pulled?  I checked my owner's manual and it looked like pretty much everything would be denied power with the fuses pulled.  

As well as the alternator output, the starter motor, the dashboard and the key switch all are connected to the battery without having to pass through a fuse.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:02 pm

kiwi dave wrote:

As well as the alternator output, the starter motor, the dashboard and the key switch all are connected to the battery without having to pass through a fuse.

Er, no.

Everything passes through a 30A fuse except one thing. The starter solenoid is the only device connected directly to the battery.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Oops, didn't include the 30A fuses.

Still the starter solenoid path to consider.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Went to the shop today; no noise coming from the bike.  
Quick question about vent hoses.  While looking at the throttle bodies on both sides yesterday, I noticed a black hose unattached on one end in the area near the rear of the tank on the left side.  Is this a normal vent hose that is supposed to be unattached or has something come loose?  I felt around in the area with my hand and also removed the cowling but cannot see or feel an exposed nipple where the other end of the hose might have been attached.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Gearbox breather?
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:07 pm

The piece of unattached hose is pretty short; I did not see any obvious spots to attach it but I'll have another look tonight with a flashlight.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Next time you hear the noise, open the fuel cap. I'm betting it will go away. If so perform the evap canister removal procedure. Its on the site somewhere. Found it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area   Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Noise Coming From Right Throttle Body Area
Page 1 of 1