GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Empty
PostSubject: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:46 pm

I purchased a used GRiSO and am planning to flash a Beetle map on it. Is there a way to tell if the Zard exhaust has a catalytic converter?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

I don't know if there are any identifying marks to tell which Zard part number it is, but you should possibly be able to pull the dB killer and shine a light down to see if there's a cat. I think the dB killer has a big circlip holding it in.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Mark is correct. Remove the dB killer and you can see. That circlip is a bastard though if you don’t have good quality pliers.
Back to top Go down
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

PostSubject: Re: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 pm

My best guess is the bike is not the race version as it is relatively quiet and people who install the race version report there is vibration at 3k RPM, which my bike does not have.

I've heard rumors of the db killer being tack welded on, so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
svru
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
svru

PostSubject: Re: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:42 pm

More fuel makes it glow (flat tappets trick) Very Happy

With dbk in this picture, you should be able to spot it without removing dbk. Or take off Zard, catcon sitting 10cm in from inlet side.
Back to top Go down
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

PostSubject: Re: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:20 am

It has no cat. After removing the pipe and not seeing anything inside, I found Only For Racing stamped on the tire facing side of the cone.
Back to top Go down
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

PostSubject: Re: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Here is a pic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?   How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How to Tell if my Zard has a Cat-Con?
Page 1 of 1