GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!

Go down 
+4
beetle
bahamazoo
Pete Roper
burntclutch
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:41 am

I am sorry to sound vague and dramatic, I don't like going on about personal things that much.
Home life is mainly drama around my fiances family constantly grinding us down with constant needs.
For me, having a running bike vs. selling the GRiSO comes down to this...I seem to be gradually using some use of my right arm. I am hoping some surgery would offer some solutions but in the mean time I'd really like to be riding and not fruitlessly troubleshooting.
Everyone's been very kind and I am still going over possible solutions in my head, but in the end, I have to do what I think is best for my sanity and well being. Smile
beetle wrote:

Dude, step away from the motorcycle. Fix your life first.

And don't sell it.

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:37 am

Burntclutch,

You are in diffecult times !

About 25 miles from you is a good Guzzi mechanic, Wayne Orwig. I just asked for what dealers/ mechanics were in your area & he answered.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See if you can drop bike off with him. Good luck resolving your more challenging situation but we all need a place to clear our heads & that for me is riding. So I wouldn't want to see you sell your GRiSO as a short term solution.
Back to top Go down
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:46 am

Nobleswood wrote:
Burntclutch,

You are in diffecult times !

About 25 miles from you is a good Guzzi mechanic, Wayne Orwig.  I just asked for what dealers/ mechanics were in your area & he answered.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See if you can drop bike off with him. Good luck resolving your more challenging situation but we all need a place to clear our heads & that for me is riding. So I wouldn't want to see you sell your GRiSO as a short term solution.

Thank you dude, I'll reach out to him.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:05 am

Glad to Thumbs Up

But just for reference I’m a ‘mate’. Never been a ‘dude’ Razz
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:17 am

Just seen this again James, it sounds like a TPS issue sort of. I been home resting after a crash on Mon. Didn't keep following this issue you had.
I'm about finished w/forums and such so I don't pay much att. Call anytime
Back to top Go down
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:50 am

Sorry to hear about a crash Steve..hope you are ok.

When it comes to the bike issues, I'm fine with asking someone to come over and help do something like the swing arm lubrication...but asking for someone to come out 30+ miles to chase down something that could be fuel, electrical or mechanical? I think that's a different kettle of fish. Wink
Feels like the troubleshooting is about chasing down paths and replacing things.

I think I will buy a new in box fuel pump and stock injectors, just to eliminate them from the discussion of causes.

GuzziSteve wrote:
Just seen this again James, it sounds like a TPS issue sort of.  I been home resting after a crash on Mon. Didn't keep following this issue you had.
I'm about finished w/forums and such so I don't pay much att.  Call anytime
Back to top Go down
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:44 pm

responses have helped my resolve a bit..thanks guys.
Instead of selling 2 used bikes to buy a new one (frankly I am at a loss for a new model I actual like as much as the GRiSO) I will not yet give up...but considering concerns in both forums that have been mentioned...
I have ordered a new (not used) fuel pump for my year specific bike.
I will be ordering OEM injectors on monday.

I will also not go under the assumption that this will fix anything but rather remove these items from the Pool of Doubt™

After that continue down the line. Either way, it'll be cheaper than a new bike.
Back to top Go down
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 am

Well it's been a bit of time...spent most of the summer working, traveling and hiding from the heat.
It's not like it's cooled off here much at all..but after taking time off the project, jumping back in slowly.

I installed a new fuel pump, inspected every wire and connection possible. Not wanting to do too much to the bike as per earlier posts in order to not muddy the waters of results.

Took it out for a bit of a shake down and it was a strange ride.

The bike starting cold was very groggy and took a few minutes to wake up. I am trying to think of the best way to describe events...because several symptoms appeared and went away in the course of a 22 mile ride...with a few constants.

First 2 miles, lots of popping on deceleration between 4k-5k, coming to a stop the idle would always just dip below 1k and come back up to around 1100. Never stalled.
Next 8 miles, the popping reduced to almost nothing but the idle issue remained. No other real symptoms..pulled well and few pops and no hesitation.
Things seemed good, so then it was time to get on the highway.
4 miles of highway, bike would NOT go above 96mph. Ran out of power/slight surging..up to that speed..down to 65mph and back up to 95mph, no other traits..just the 95- 96mph ceiling with the slight surging issue.
Pull off the highway, next 5 miles, bike pulls all the way to redline for gears 1-3 with no issues what so ever.
I stop at a gas station as I am super close to home to pick something up.
Start up the bike, head the 3 miles home. Right away, strong surging between 4k-5k. About the mile down the road, that issue totally disappears.
I don't know how to explain this behavior...any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:26 pm

Without riding it. No. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!   Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Slow Idle, New Map, Stock Map..All I did was change the oil!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2