GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Transmission gearbox capacity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Transmission gearbox capacity Empty
PostSubject: Transmission gearbox capacity   Transmission gearbox capacity Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:39 am

Yesterday I changed the transmission oil (not the carc). I had a new bottle of ENI 85W/90.
When refilling I had the bike on the side stand and filled it until it was about to come back out the side filler whole. It took the 1 liter bottle. I seem to remember that in the past I always had some left over. After I looked at the manual and it seems to say only use half the 1 liter bottle. That didn’t fill it up to the inspection / drain port. Can someone tell me what is proper? Do I need to have the bike more upright where it wouldn’t have filled as much?
Should I drain half back out? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Transmission gearbox capacity   Transmission gearbox capacity Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:57 am

Massively overfilled. Bike should be upright and filled to the bottom of the filler hole. 0.5 litre is the factory recommended amount but it may be a bit more.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Transmission gearbox capacity   Transmission gearbox capacity Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:42 am

Pete
Many thanks for the quick reply. I did what the shop manual said and filled it up the the filler hole
level, but the bike wasn’t level (small detail). I’ll drain about half back out or just open the side port with the bike level and let it drain that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission gearbox capacity   Transmission gearbox capacity Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Transmission gearbox capacity
Page 1 of 1