GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

East coast to West Coast

Go down 
+15
wyno
WCB
Steak
sideshowbob
NewApriliaGuy
Merl3noir
GHTE
Stromgriso
Street
PilotJet
Bill Hagan
MalG
Dave Swanson
Richard
b3177h
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:09 pm

I've 164,000km (roughly 100,000 miles) on my 2013 GRiSO.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:49 am

Some day......... Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Wow Wyno, that's impressive.
After 100K miles you must have an idea about tires. What have you been using most?
BTW, there's a Youtuber named Million Dollar Bogan who lives in Geelong. You probably knew that.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:58 pm

I've been using Michelin Pr4 and 5. I usually get around 15,000 to 18,000km out of the tyres.  I didn't know about the million dollar bogan . There are so many bogans in Geelong he'd get lost among the crowd. Pete tore the bike down at 100,000km (62,000 miles) and was impressed at how good the engine was internally. It's now got Matris inserts for the front and a Matris shock which I haven't adjusted since getting the bike bake from him. Either it's perfect or I've adapted to it. Anyway, I ride the bike every day and I've just got a new girlfriend who likes to go on the back. She probably weighs about 95 kilos so the suspension is taking a bit of a hammering with her and me on the bike.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Yeah the md bogan is a bit of a goofball.  He takes his Harley places a Harley shouldn't go.
Of course, he does it for the viewers.
That's good news about the PR4s and 5s. They are suppose to last longer than the PR3s. I got my 2011 GRiSO Sept '18 and it had 9500 miles on it and fairly new-ish PR3s. I don't know when he put them on (neither does the PO) so I'm guessing on the wear but they looked great and I've put 7k miles on them with quite a bit more tread left. I think I'll get 10k miles which pleases me. I'll have to decide later this summer (here) about either new Pr5s or a set of Conti RS 3s. The Contis come highly recommended by my local Guzzi dealer and they're much less $$ than the Michelins. Thanks for the update. I wish you guys would get a ton of rain. Such a tragedy down there.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Yesterday Geelong had the worst air quality in Australia and we're 300km away from the fires. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who have lost family members and homes.
I'm not very hard on tyres, some of the others here in Oz have only got 4500km out of a PR5 rear. Ask Pete Roper about the Contis.
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:57 pm

Well Lads Looks like I'm going to do this again this summer.. Will be starting in Boston- Maybe end in Seattle OR San Diego-

Was planing on ~ June timeframe and going to do it straight thru in 2 weeks.

Any input?
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Take longer, and visit places you missed last time (which is why you're doing it again, eh). Do let people know you're coming, it adds highlights. And some might have useful tools. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:24 pm

Shoot, missed most of the good roads in Oregon. I would of figured out a way to get up into the NE corner of the state..Missed all the good riding roads in the central part too..Looks like you went around a bunch of nice places on the coast too.. Leaving out western Montana would never happen on any ride out west.(IMO)
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:09 am

Yeah I love some good riding.. but I also had a pace to keep so couldn't spend more than a day in an area!

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:56 am

b3177h wrote:
Well Lads Looks like I'm going to do this again this summer.. Will be starting in Boston- Maybe end in Seattle OR San Diego-

Was planing on ~ June timeframe and going to do it straight thru in 2 weeks.

Any input?

In June, you might see Guzzis heading east to the "national" rally in Keene, N.H.

We may be going to that, but if not and if your route brings you near us -- Cross Junction (Winchester), at the top of Virginia -- stop in.  Great B&B rates (i.e., $0 per night, but a bottle of "better bourbon" or grappa of any sort accepted  Wink ) for Guzzisti, especially those of the GRiSO persuasion.  cheers  

Bill
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:02 pm

NewApriliaGuy wrote:
What's all this talk about Idaho?

Move along, nothing to see here.

Some of the best riding in the country in Idaho...following the Lewis & Clark trail along the Clearwater river...one of my favorite roads in the whole USA.   You could stop near a wonderful campground of the intersection of the Clearwater and the Selway, and explore the dirt roads up the Selway river as well...

Spectacular riding from Lolo Pass all the way to Lewiston.

For the OP...Glacier Nat'l Park (Going to the Sun Road) and surrounding areas are also well worth visiting on the next go around if you're that far north again.

Colorado can keep you entertained for a solid week as well as parts of Utah and North New Mexico (Chama to Pagosa Springs to Durango to Ouray to Telluride to Gateway).  

So many choices...sounds like a blast...post more pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

East coast to West Coast
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2