GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stelvio bars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Stelvio bars Empty
PostSubject: Stelvio bars   Stelvio bars Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:32 am

Yesterday, it was a typical hot, humid day in the Ohio Valley, so I decided to wade into a task I'd been avoiding. On the surface, it seemed simple enough, but in reality, there were a couple stumbling blocks.....

I'd obtained a Stelvio handlebar and was assured it was a simple swap. That's likely true, for one who is familiar with the ways of Mother Guuzi. I'm not. I can wade into a Honda CBX and be comfortable, but I've owned one for 28 years. The biggest issues were the throttle cables need to be re-routed, and the brake hoses are too short. It took longer to figure out how to do the cables, than to actually do it. Cables had to be completely removed, and fishing them back in was a two person job. Thankfully, my wife likes to help with things mechanical. It also took much persuading, and a bit of cursing, to stretch the brake hoses enough to mount the master. I'll likely make up new hoses so as not to have friction points.

The new bars are wider and taller than the originals, so hopefully it will eliminate the aches in my neck and shoulders on long rides.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Stelvio bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio bars   Stelvio bars Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm

You put Stelvio bars on a GRiSO?

Egads!

I put narrower bars on my GRiSO. Stelvio..bars....are......very........wide..............

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Stelvio bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio bars   Stelvio bars Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Yes, they are wide. And taller. I'm 6'2" and short for my weight, so feel a bit cramped with the stock bars/pegs. I also have Knight Design 1" lower pegs, and use an AirHawk.
Back to top Go down
Dewis
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dewis

Stelvio bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio bars   Stelvio bars Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:39 am

Hey Rick, how do you like your new bars now that you have had them on there for a while? I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing to my GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Stelvio bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio bars   Stelvio bars Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am

So far, I like them.  BUT, the brake lines are too tight, and were a bitch to re-route without opening the system.

If I were to do it over, I'd source some pro-taper bars just a wee bit narrower to gain the hose clearance.  

And be very careful about that silly plastic locating pin in the bottom half of the right switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stelvio bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio bars   Stelvio bars Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stelvio bars
Page 1 of 1