GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clip-on bars :)

Go down 
+7
Oz1200Guzzi
JohnA
Lazlokovacs
moby
beetle
Pete Roper
lcjohnny
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Clip-on bars :) Empty
PostSubject: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:34 pm

So i really like the look & feel of a muscley roadster with tight handlebars and a slightly forward seating. Liek the original Triumph Speed triple [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really want to take my GRiSO down that road....Has anyone tried this? If so
Can you safely drop the forks far enough to mount the bars on top of the yokes|?
and what 53mm clipons work well?

I have tried searches but not found anything so i am happy to be directed to anything useful on here
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:36 pm

I have a friend who went down that road before selling his GRiSO as he just couldn't get on with it. I've got pics somewhere, I'll try and dig them out.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:34 pm

You need to use your google-fu.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:52 pm

I have a memory like a goldfish.....
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:33 pm

Thanks Mark specially for the pictures
- no i don't want a "cafe racer", that whole concept may have worked with 52 wheezing horsepower held together with fence wire and chewing gum. But now it is just a few "styling cues" flung at last years sportsbike or even worse a commuter that they cannot sell any other way.

I want a muscley roadster with tight handlebars and slightly forward seating - the GRiSO as standard is a bit too cruiser for me to fully enjoy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:37 pm

You could maybe do something similar to me. I installed Jota style bars to get the perfect height and pull-back. I always liked the bars on the GPZ900R, and wanted something similar. You could flip them 180° to get the racy clip-on affect.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:01 pm

ooh that is just right Mark
It looks really nice

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:34 am

Hi,

I've got clip ons and rear sets. The rear sets were very expensive, from Stein Deis (or whatever they are called, I'll correct in next message) I'll do some photos tomorrow and post. I'm 5'10 " (180 cm) and 90 Kg. and 68 yrs old. I do some yoga, and after a few hours riding feel a bit of pain in the joints.

With a carbon Mistral high pipe, Beetle Map to suit, Matris suspension front and rear (with the rear shock about 1/2 " longer than standard - no extra cost when ordering) and front forks dropped five rings through the yokes, the bike is nimble, turns in well etc. It is totally different to the standard setup when I first owned, with forks on first ring, I kept understeering very badly, the the point of dangerous. Dropping the forks through yokes is the main thing to do and may be enough for you.

Cheers,

Ross/ Moby
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:37 am

Hi,

I forgot to say that Beetle's set up with Jota style bars looked best mid way solution.
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:11 am

Hi

Here are photos of my bike. If they don't show it is because I have to learn how to upload and I'll try again later.

Although the photos show that the pegs seem just a bit up and slightly back the end result with the lean to reach the clip-ons is more than it seems and definitely requires you "hike" the legs up to get them onto the pegs. End result osnicely balanced for me. I you are taller than 180 cm you might be a bit squashed in the leg to hip department and need bars more like Beetles .
shoulder
I also have a quick action throttle which saves the right shoulder needing to drop. It's a Motion Pro and works well. I can source the model number. It need to be combined with a special set of cables.

Hope this is of interest      

LSL Sport Match Offset High Clip Ons(Size & Colour:53mm, Silver)

LSL Clip On Tubes(Colour:Black) 1 LSL Clip On Tubes(Colour:Black)

The footpegs are Gifrap from Germany - from Stein Dinse whose Part Number 300458113 GIFRAP Fußrastenanlage 1200 GRiSO , CNC 1,0 Euro 420,17

The footpegs/links are horrendously expensive. but very well made. There is a set that has fixed pegs, I have the folding ones

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:22 am

If you can't get the pics up send 'em to me and I'll stick 'em up for you.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject:    Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:34 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If you can't get the pics up send 'em to me and I'll stick 'em up for you.

Hi Peter appreciated!
I have 7 images as jpegs.

How can I send them? By e-mail to motomoda.roper@gmail ?

Cheers,

Ross
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:34 am

Yup, that'll work.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:14 am

Here ya go.

lcjohnny and Frstrtdmac like this post

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:18 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Yup, that'll work.
Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 pm

I ran mine with some nice clip-ons for a couple of weeks... I had the tubes 6 notches through the yoke and the clip ons above the yoke...

My conclusion was that it's a long way from the seat to the handlebars on this bike and for not very much gain....

I'm back on the mana bars now...

Will one day post a pic once I get round to it!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Hi Lazlokovacs yep that is what i am going to try
- it may be too far for me as well...

=but on the up side if it works without the risers it would be so much easier to take the tank off Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:44 am

Maybe you all have seen Martin Arundel on You Tube with his “Moto Guzzi cafe racer” series of videos. He has clip in’s you can look at. He’s up to at least #50 in the series but I think he talks about the bars in #26. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi John
yes i had looked at Martin Arundel's videos

he shows the bars at video 16 and talks about remounting the instruments - he also talks about headlights at videao 17.  

I don't like everything he does but it is a useful series of youtubes -
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:38 am

Well i tried 25mm rise clip on's over the yokes like Marin Arundel.

I really like the looks.  However due to the shape of the tank they need to be set far forwards giving a bar angle similar to a Daytona 595 Sad .

That only works for me if i am lying on the tank. too uncomfortable for me nowadays Evil or Very Mad

I could restrict the steering lock to make them fit..... but i have a Monster to use if i want an un-manouverable bike  What a Face

So given up on Clip-ons and looking at drag bars or similar.

Or... are there any risers in the Carc range that don't curl backwards?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:17 am

Turn them through 180 degrees and fit whatever risers you want. Simples.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:21 pm

lcjohnny wrote:

Or... are there any risers in the Carc range that don't curl backwards?

You could try the Sport bars from 2006-2007 - though these are quite wide. 2008 they changed the width (shorter) and increased the pullback. I put 20 mm risers under mine and I find it just right for me.
Back to top Go down
Frstrtdmac
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frstrtdmac

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 11:28 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Here ya go.

Nice GRiSO!!
What phone holder is this??
Back to top Go down
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 11:40 am

Quad lock phone mount: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 am

For me i'd like a flatbar with the current risers. Anyone got some photos and links for me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clip-on bars :)   Clip-on bars :) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clip-on bars :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next