GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

solo seat?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

solo seat? Empty
PostSubject: solo seat?   solo seat? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:45 pm

These (dated) pictures that I found on a South African website (link) suggest that the GRiSO had a kind of convertible solo / duo seat at a certain moment.  Does this still exist?  I am looking for a solo seat - but find the Corbin seat not so nice.  

Then again: the GRiSO on the pictures also has an unusual-looking exhaust pipe (i.e. it stays on the left - it doesn't go to starboard & back) - so perhaps this is a picture of an early concept model?

P.S.  Sorry if this is all old stuff to most of you - I am still very new to Grisology!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

solo seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo seat?   solo seat? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Looks like early concept shots. Other than the Corbin Gunfighter, I have never seen a "solo" seat for the GRiSO. Still, your solution is only limited by your imagination. You can always have a seat constructed on your stock pan by a custom seat maker.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

solo seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo seat?   solo seat? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:26 pm

That's what I did.
I made my own from a damaged original 1100 that I picked up...
Came out great but it doesn't fit the Black Devil all that good for some reasons. Sad 
Looks like the tank needs to go back a tad...
It fitted my 09 perfectly and the wife's 07 and I'm not surprised because the pans are the same anyway.
Back to top Go down
cytocycle
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cytocycle

solo seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo seat?   solo seat? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Yeah I keep kicking around taking the second seat I bought and sending it to Sargent seats to get made into comfortable solo seat, and trimming the foam in the back so it fits flush with the rear tail section if possible. I haven't looked to see if the pan needs trimming. If I get off my lazy butt and do it I'll post pictures I need to get some sample leather colors for them as I want to go with the Green SE's special brown colored saddle which looked great on white.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

solo seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo seat?   solo seat? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Grisonut wrote:
That's what I did.
I made my own from a damaged original 1100 that I picked up...
Came out great but it doesn't fit the Black Devil all that good for some reasons. Sad 
Looks like the tank needs to go back a tad...
It fitted my 09 perfectly and the wife's 07 and I'm not surprised because the pans are the same anyway.

I know that the SEs saddles have a different form that the pre-SE 8V GRiSOs, but they are more similar to the 1100s at least in terms of cover stitching. The 09-10 GRiSOs had a smoother, more rounded saddle profile while the 1100s and SEs are more flat and angular. Curious, as they all have the same, or similar, pans.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

solo seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo seat?   solo seat? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:02 pm

I will take measurements between the 3 saddles I've got now.
From the C clamps side to the back striker and from the latch to the side hooks on the 2 bikes I have.
But my problem is the front tab that goes under the tank... It seems to not be long enough so the seat moves.
If the tank was back a bit more, problem solved. I loosened up the bolts and the tank didn't seem to move back but I didn't try very hard.
I know one thing, the gas tanks on these bikes are not all the same. One batch is slightly off from another one.
I know this because I have an extra tank (defective, leaking problems at the cap area) that was given to me and I used it as a dummy to work on the 09 project when I was repainting it.
I plan to make a custom one in metal with more fuel capacity but without losing the look of the bike.
This is a winter project though...
Anyway while playing with this, I had to re-route the wiring harnesses in order to fit/drop it in.

I miss my solo seat. Sad  The OEM one protudes a bit funny at the very back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

solo seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo seat?   solo seat? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

solo seat?
Page 1 of 1