GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

CARC fill in ounces

Go down 
+9
sideshowbob
bahamazoo
Pete Roper
Griso Von
Grisonut
Oz1200Guzzi
Papa Lazarou
eeyore
Griso Tom
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Griso Tom
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Tom

CARC fill in ounces Empty
PostSubject: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:31 am

How many ounces does a 17' GRiSO SE take in the CARC drive? Can't deal with CI's, CC's, ML's or Liters... just need to to know ounces.
Thanks, Tom
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:38 am

Just try google.
It’s around 1/3 litre = around 12 oz
Back to top Go down
Griso Tom
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Tom

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:54 am

eeyore wrote:
Just try google.
It’s around 1/3 litre = around 12 oz

Thanks, I did a 23.2 cubic inches to ounces conversion = 12.8554113. I'll go with 12.5 oz. Smile
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:14 am

The quality is only a guide.
Stand the bike upright on level ground and fill the carc unit until the oil is at the bottom of the threaded fill hole.
Under filling is not ideal and over fill could result in oil escaping from the breather cap.
Factory manual recommends an 80/90 GL4. Gut instinct would usually point towards a GL5 grade for a bevel drive.
In the UK we are able to get 80/90 GL4/5. This obviously covers all possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:54 am

I'd like to know why Mericuns are still stuck in the Imperial/ Stone Age. just give in, see sense and go metric.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Apparently it's "too hard", though if it's for export, it's supposed to be metric.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Seriously dude!?!?Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Can you put your pants on by yourself I wonder?

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:39 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
I'd like to know why Mericuns are still stuck in the Imperial/ Stone Age. just give in, see sense and go metric.

Probably worse in the UK - we a still stuck in the cave fearful of seeing the sunrise.
We drink beer in pints.
Travel on the road in mph, covering distance in miles.
Buy fuel in litres then convert to gallons (imperial not US) so we can work out our mpg.
We tried to introduce metric tyres and failed miserably.

I have worked in engineering all my life and I still get information in meters and inches- the same measurement like 5 meters, 3 inch & 6 mm instead of 5082.2mm

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:21 am

eeyore wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Probably worse in the UK - we a still stuck in the cave fearful of seeing the sunrise.
We drink beer in pints.
Travel on the road in mph, covering distance in miles.
Buy fuel in litres then convert to gallons (imperial not US) so we can work out our mpg.
We tried to introduce metric tyres and failed miserably.

I have worked in engineering all my life and I still get information in meters and inches- the same measurement like 5 meters, 3 inch & 6 mm instead of 5082.2mm

true. we are even more idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Griso Tom
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Tom

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:38 am

eeyore wrote:
The quality is only a guide.
Stand the bike upright on level ground and fill the carc unit until the oil is at the bottom of the threaded fill hole.
Under filling is not ideal and over fill could result in oil escaping from the breather cap.
Factory manual recommends an 80/90 GL4. Gut instinct would usually point towards a GL5 grade for a bevel drive.
In the UK we are able to get 80/90 GL4/5. This obviously covers all possibilities.

Thanks eeyore, I did the same with the transmission filler, to hell with quantity.
Back to top Go down
Griso Tom
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Tom

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:39 am

Grisonut wrote:
Seriously dude!?!?Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Can you put your pants on by yourself I wonder?

Pants... what are pants? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Griso Von
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Von

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:58 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:

Because the Americans are the only Country in the World to put men on the Moon, that is why, and we are the only Country in the World that is
NOT on the Metric system! Dave
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:08 am

GRiSO Von wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Because the Americans are the only Country in the World to put men on the Moon, that is why, and we are the only Country in the World that is
NOT on the Metric system!  Dave

NASA dropped imperial units and went metric back in the 90’s.
Good luck convincing the rest of the world that imperial is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Griso Von
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Von

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:26 pm

eeyore wrote:
GRiSO Von wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:

NOT on the Metric system!  Dave

NASA dropped imperial units and went metric back in the 90’s.
Good luck convincing the rest of the world that imperial is the way to go.

My Dad worked for NASA Michoud, they built the 1st and second stage of the Apollo rockets at that facility, that is why I grew up in New Orleans of
course there was no way for you to know that before you threw what you did out there! I still have his micrometers and they are in INCHES!

I would say you really stepped in some Sh.. on this reply!

Dave
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 pm

My Dad worked for NASA Michoud, they built the 1st and second stage of the Apollo rockets at that facility, that is why I grew up in New Orleans of
course there was no way for you to know that before you threw what you did out there!  I still have his micrometers and they are in INCHES!

I would say you really stepped in some Sh.. on this reply!

Dave[/quote]

Great!
That was the 60's.
The point you are trying to make is?
Back to top Go down
Griso Von
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Von

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 am

Wrong again!  Dad did not retire until the late 80's, here is a quote from the NASA site:

"English units are still employed on some missions, and a few projects use both. NASA uses both English and metric aboard the International Space Station.Jan 8, 2007"

There are NO missions that use ONLY the metric system.  Even our speed limit signs and speedos in cars use both methods to get the U.S. on board for metrics, but we would not do it!

Don't you have a Muzzie problem to resolve along with Brexit?  You should stick with that!  You are worried about the wrong thing!

AND YOUR POINT IS?

Dave
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Strange issue to get so heated about?

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Griso Von
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Von

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Strange issue to get so heated about?

Pete, that is not heated, I am just righting a wrong! The facts are the facts but the Brits always seem to have their own version. I am on several forums and have seen this time after time. They have so many problems at home that they should be addressing but they don't, it is just easier to
be a keyboard warrior and bend the facts to fit how they feel. That person had no idea who I was when he was bending the facts and I will not tolerate that.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:06 pm

If there be buyers wanting rocks to chuck, I have many buckets of imperial rocks AND metric rocks - just wait till I get out of the road before you start hoiking said rocks. Pretty soon you will have a selection of both...
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:03 pm

that said,I've got an Imperial adjustable wrench that my Dad gave me, but its useless on the Guzzi and in fact pretty much unusable here in Oz now, so if any Imperialist would like to purchase same...

oh, and I fill my bits up to the start of the thread bits.
Back to top Go down
Griso Von
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Von

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:23 pm

You said it was "adjustable", WTF is wrong with you?? It will work anywhere! Is this the kind of people I am going to respond to here? Wankers! Dave
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:40 pm

Who knew CARC fill was so controversial. Does remind me of the time dad and I were fishing off an old abandoned rail road bridge. Dad hooked something, reeled it up and it was an old rail road lantern, and the damn thing was still lit.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 pm

aaah, so it was just the bridge that had been abandoned then... scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:14 am

I have a full set of imperial wrenches. Why that ? In case I have one day a Harley-Davidson in my garage again. But it will unlikely happen.  Ooh La La
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:17 am

LOL..........Hopefully Imperial AF, BSW, BSF, BA... I'll drink a (UK not US) Imperial pint to that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

CARC fill in ounces
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next