GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Track Day Fork lift

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

Track Day Fork lift Empty
PostSubject: Track Day Fork lift   Track Day Fork lift Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:06 am

As I get older I've been thinking about the continuing education of my son who I ride with.

We both need "help" with our skills so I was thinking on a few Father/Son Track Days every year.

Now we'll need tire warmers and I have rear wheel lifts for both my V11 (one possibility) and GRiSO 1100 (definitely) but I'm having problems with a front paddock lift for both.

At home I just use a scissors jack and blocks to lift the front but that's when the bike is tied down to the lift table.

I'm looking for something like a pitbull lift that's quick to use.

Any suggestions??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track Day Fork lift   Track Day Fork lift Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 am

Don't waste your time and money on fancy gizmos.
1. There's a big orange ball in the sky, park ya bike in the sun.
2. When I raced we had 1 sighting lap to warm up the tyres on a short track. No Probs.

We were always told, nobody's racing for sheep stations, just a cheap plastic cup worth $2.

Even doing track days on road tyres, I couldn't handle the low cold pressures everybody recommended, so I would start much higher, but still get my tyres up to full temp within 2 laps.

The secret is, go fairly hard from the start. That's what generates the heat. Riding around like a pussy flip flopping side to side will only get you warm tyres at best. Worst case, you'll get clobbered by some numpty going 240 down the back straight. I've seen it happen.

Want the most clear track in your graded session, go out first and go out hard. People who are genuinely faster, will pass you.
The numpty with his turbo 'busa and 340 rear tyre will just be a fat mobile chicane, slowing everyone else down on every corner.

Would love to be there, Cheers!

Wayne
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Track Day Fork lift   Track Day Fork lift Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I use the Anderson Paddock Stand, P/N 3005 with the plastic cuffs, Under fork lift Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track Day Fork lift   Track Day Fork lift Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Track Day Fork lift
Page 1 of 1