GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 1100

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:03 pm

I]ve not bought my GRiSO yet, Still saving and watching for the right one. I've experience customising bikes to suit my taste. The 1100 GRiSO is definitely the bike I'll be buying.
The taco instrument cluster though doesn't work for me. Any advice on fitting a vapour tech or similar speedo in place of it ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:48 pm

Simples. You'll just need to figure out how to send air pressure data over the CAN bus to the ECU, or maybe just ignore it. Then figure out what signal is required for the immobilizer. All the other stuff like oil pressure, RPM and speedo, should be a doddle.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:54 pm

That's great news. If necessary I could extend the wiring and keep the original unit stashed away out of sight. I was just studying the wiring diagram and it seems that there are discrete wires feeding the warning lights into the instrument panel. Any idea what voltage the leds in the original unit are ?
I'm not really interested in a tacho. I'll be setting up the bike as a long distance tourer as a mate to my 900 Cagiva Elefant. The speedo function on the replacement units either work off a hall effect switch
on the wheel or gps so the original sender should not be required. Thanks Evans
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 pm

The speed signal and neutral switch data is sent over CAN bus to the dash, so you could just piggy back the neutral light to the new dash. If you've get a GPS dash, you're golden. I had a Vapour speedo thingy on my GRiSO that used a front wheel sensor. It was adequate. The oil pressure sender is powered from the dash, and is probably 5V. I've never checked it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:42 pm

[b]I won't decide for sure until I get my bike but at the moment this looks the closest to what I have in mind. Any opinion would be appreciated
I'll be making a carbon fibre screen and instrument holder to hold a gps navigator and the new speedo. Thanks  Evans

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:26 pm

The instructions aren't exactly feature rich.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:57 am

Absolutely right. All I'm looking at is a speedo, all the warning lights and a clock. There seem to be so many extraneous features on the more complex models that I can't see the need for. The extraordinary GRiSO based cafe racer on Pinterest has the motogadget speedo rev rounter. Looks great but expensive. I could try to blank off the rev counter on the original and just display the screen. Since I will be making a carbon fibre cover to locate a gps navigator above the speedo that may be feasible. If one of the other Moto Guzzi models that had a less ugly instrument cluster would work on the GRiSO that would be another option. Since the GRiSO will be my first Moto Guzzi there will be the usual learning curve.
Thanks Evans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100   GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 1100
Page 1 of 1