GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New bits & pieces

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

New bits & pieces Empty
PostSubject: New bits & pieces   New bits & pieces Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:37 pm

My new gear and brake change footpeg ends. They give more adjustment which is what I was after but I like the looks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Short levers

New switch

Parker led

My intention is to run the high intensity led as a daytime running light.
The new switch will allow me to switch the lights off when starting and use the led for daytime riding.
I also like that the indicator switch is above the horn button.
Back to top Go down

New bits & pieces Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bits & pieces   New bits & pieces Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:59 am

Hi Evans. Liking the new paint and carbon wrap. The deeper red suits the bike and distinguishes it from the usual Italian red. Where is that new left hand switchgear from please.
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

New bits & pieces Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bits & pieces   New bits & pieces Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Honda Style Headlight Horn Indicator KILL SWITCH Price:NZ$42.55 per item
I had to cut back the mirror support to get it to fit and will use high strength epoxy to reinforce it.

I'm a grumpy old fart who's been riding for over 50 years. Nana Guzzi might like to think that she knows better when my lights are on, etc, etc. But I don't.
However I'm aware that some of the shortcuts I'm planning may not be possible. Consequently I'm not using the original wiring loom, leaving it as is, and running alternate systems.

I've upgraded the headlight system which I normally do as a matter of course, I'll run alternate systems for indicators and horn.

The kill switch button on the new switch is a momentary switch. I've deleted the kill switch label and will use it as the headlight flash
(it's where you would normally expect headlight flash to be)
The led on the new switch is a bright blue, I'm going to replace it with a red or amber which will indicate whether I'm riding without lights

(I find the bright blue high beam indicator light  leds affect my night vision, I install a resistor to take them down to a blue glow, which is all that's needed at night)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New bits & pieces Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bits & pieces   New bits & pieces Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New bits & pieces
Page 1 of 1