GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

maxton forks and shocks

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
Lazlokovacs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

maxton forks and shocks Empty
PostSubject: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:57 am

I've used maxton UK in the past for other bikes and was VERY impressed with their product, knowledge and service....

After spending a few days messing about with the stock GRiSO units, I just caved and ordered new front cartridges and rear shock for the GRiSO!!!!

I'm VERY excited cheers

will let you all know how they perform

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:58 am

just noticed how many CAPS and exclams!!! there were in that post

sorry for shouting, I'll tone it down Smile
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 am

Cool - what products did you order & what specs ??
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2020 12:07 am

any update on how they are?
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Robinson_Spike

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maxton, some of the fastest road suspension in the world, made my GRiSO quicker than anything else that I’ve done to it, it’s so composed that it’s been lifting the front wheel over crests where usually I’m not going fast enough.

Re valved, re sprung, new seals and Full service finished off with dyno check and custom set up documentation. Completed in under 2 days - £540 inc vat.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 pm

Sounds like money well spent Thumbs Up

Robinson_Spike and BobW981 like this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:22 am

Robinson_Spike wrote:

Maxton, some of the fastest road suspension in the world, made my GRiSO quicker than anything else that I’ve done to it, it’s so composed that it’s been lifting the front wheel over crests where usually I’m not going fast enough.

Re valved, re sprung, new seals and Full service finished off with dyno check and custom set up documentation. Completed in under 2 days - £540 inc vat.

Was this photo taken on the IOM Mountain Road, near Joeys?

Bob
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:04 am

More like A54 up to Cat & Fiddle - it's on my cycling route !

BobW981 and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:01 pm

just realised I never followed up with a report on mine

maxtons front and rear, absolutely brilliant!!!

Been separated from the GRiSO for nearly 6 months now due to covid travel restrictions, no disrespect to my cali but I'm really starting to miss the old girl

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:52 pm

I took a short 1/2hr run down to Maxton’s yesterday. I had a chat about a shock from a 2020 RSV4 that I’d been watching on eBay, and showed him photos posted.  He identified it as their top of the range GP10.

It had been lowered 10mm, by restricting it internally.  We discussed a target price for the auction, and for their service charge of £120 + parts, they would revert it to its standard length by replacing a piston and the clevis & respring to suit myself.  He showed me a (piece of art) billet machined clevis which would replace the bottom eyelet.

We went on to agree, a fork conversion of re-valved & springs for the Showas.  Both jobs will be done at the same time, and the GRiSO will be with them for 2 days.

Bob
ps. This evening I successfully sniped the end of the auction... at just over half their suggested maximum 😃
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Robinson_Spike

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:10 pm

When he did my forks they were far too soft, not sure if it was spring or that they actually do put less oil in - I would have raised it with Rich had I not destroyed the bike in a crash. Look how much travel is used in the turn here.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:27 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maxton forks and shocks   maxton forks and shocks Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

maxton forks and shocks
Page 1 of 1