GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Shift and brake pedal extensions?

Go down 
+7
Cereal KLR
plantboy
Steak
beetle
Street
NorthBayGriso
Canyon Carver
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:32 am

Giant 8.5 shoes.....??? What the heck does that make my 15s then??

oh wait, boats, skis, canoes...
Back to top Go down
fishbulb
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
fishbulb

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:06 pm

I just found this thread.  Boy this is my kind of mod.  I went right out to do it.  I found the tapped hole to be 6mm x 1mm.  Everything I needed was in my junk collection. I used fuel line hose for the rubber. It works, doesn't look bad and is cheap or free.
Cheers,
tod

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:24 am

So I'm having the same issues as other with having to crank my foot around every time I want to use the rear brake - which is a lot. So I see all these ideas about modding the peg, and i have googled and searched forums for the answers but to no avail.

So my questions to those who have lengthened the peg is

Does it scrape in corners? What about the added leverage due to the longer peg - any danger of deforming the lever? Anyone know of a hinged/folding option?

I'm keen to solve this ASAP as I have been suffering with the tiny brake peg for years now.

To all those helpful souls who are tempted to answer me with "it shouldn't scrape" or "it might" I say thanks, but I want to know DOES it or DOESN'T it?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

1. You won't deform the pedal.
2. I've never scraped mine. *

*I may be slow, however.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm not exactly Speedy Gonzales myself these days. But I do like a nice curvy road!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:33 pm

In my dotage, I often forget to pull my foot up and rest my toes in the foot peg, so usually my boots hit the deck. Scraping them or the side stand is fast enough for me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:28 pm

That's actually a good tip. I can use my feet as curb feelers to see what size peg extension is suitable for me. That decides it then. I'm going to give modding my pegs a try. Off to find a machine shop.
Back to top Go down
Primitial
Carlotto
Carlotto
Primitial

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:08 am

I have the knight design set and I love them dearly, I'm a short guy so I have mine pointed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shift and brake pedal extensions?   Shift and brake pedal extensions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shift and brake pedal extensions?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2