GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Looking to swap handlebars

Go down 
+4
RedMogAndy
beetle
Pete Roper
Joeker80
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

Looking to swap handlebars Empty
PostSubject: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri May 01, 2020 8:01 pm

Looking to replace all the silver colored bits for black ones on my 1200. Has anyone else done this? Instead of swapping out, has anyone just had theirs painted? Looking for ideas and inspiration. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri May 01, 2020 8:41 pm

I thought the 1200's all had black bars? I could just be confused because I have black Rizomas.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Pretty sure all the factory bars were black. Do you mean the risers?

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri May 01, 2020 10:12 pm

So, I forgot to change the title of my post. Yes, the handlebars are black. My original post was going to ask if anyone had changed their handlebars to something with less rise, which got me to thinking about the silver risers (along with the other silver parts on the bike, like the triple tree, foot pegs, heel protectors, etc....). Sorry for the confusion. I‘ve currently been working nights for 6 weeks, and I’m starting to run on empty.
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Wed May 06, 2020 8:07 am

I've just fitted a set of short LSL drag bars - absolutely no rise at all Twisted Evil . I did a short grocery delivery trip to my aged in-laws (damm this lock down) and they seem fine, nothing touches where it shouldn't & I'm loving the slammed down look Very Happy . This was also the first trip out with my new Beetle map too, all I can say is thank you Mr Beetle, it is good, very good Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Wed May 06, 2020 9:57 am

Pictures ???

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Thu May 07, 2020 9:48 pm

☝🏻What Paul said
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri May 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Here's a couple of pics:
Back to top Go down
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri May 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Definitely getting some of those.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri May 08, 2020 5:06 pm

I couldn't ride it, not enough pull back for me. My wrists would go on strike within about a kilometre! Laughing
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2020 2:46 am

Hmmmm, I've never had a problem with that Pete. This one came to me with 1" risers and silver (Mana?) bars and all felt very upright to me but then, I came from a V11 with clip-ons . . .
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2020 3:53 am

If it works for you? Great! I was just feeling my joints hurting just looking at it but I'm older than dirt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2020 5:24 am

RedMogAndy wrote:
I've just fitted a set of short LSL drag bars - absolutely no rise at all Twisted Evil . I did a short grocery delivery trip to my aged in-laws (damm this lock down) and they seem fine, nothing touches where it shouldn't & I'm loving the slammed down look Very Happy . This was also the first trip out with my new Beetle map too, all I can say is thank you Mr Beetle, it is good, very good Thumbs Up

Hi,

For when I get older and need to replace my clip-ons, what is the LSL model number? They look great.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2020 7:55 am

Hang on, check this one,

Nope, cannot see how to zoom in enough, anyway, the ref# says: LSL XD1 KBA 70269. But I just searched on fleabay and they were supposed to fit a Triumph Speed Triple R 2012.

& thanks for the nice comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Those flat bars look interesting but not for me.
Shoulder's couldn't stand the stock bar, and after multiple combinations in the end the FBF risers and stock bar worked best. I have a renthal CR2 high fat bar with CRG mirrors if anyone wants to try those...

Even tried droopy bars. maybe they look good but a bike needs to be comfortable.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2020 3:45 pm

My bars a droopy.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Mon May 11, 2020 3:36 am

Well, I've no idea how comfortable these will be longer term as we aren't supposed to ride for fun at the moment but as a GRiSO need fuelling every couple of hours I reckon I will be good - at least until I get to Petes great age Wink
Back to top Go down
dlpannebakker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
dlpannebakker

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 3:06 pm

Renthal bars.
Back to top Go down
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:30 pm

I dig that setup Beetle. What bars and risers are you using??
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Rox risers and Laverda Jota style bars.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Perhaps a silly question Beetle, but are both sets of risers Rox??
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:44 pm

No. The clamps are...I don't remember. Just generic bar clamps. Got them on eBay, I think.

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to swap handlebars   Looking to swap handlebars Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Looking to swap handlebars
Page 1 of 1